Page 473 of 489 FirstFirst ... 373423463471472473474475483 ... LastLast
Results 4,721 to 4,730 of 4889

Thread: Official NFA Transfer Times Thread

Feedback Score
    I've had paper forms take a couple of weeks to arrive. That's yet another reason to e-file.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Watrdawg View Post
    What kind of time frame are y'all seeing from approval until the actual tax stamp arrives in the mail? My form 1 was approved on 5/12 and I still haven't received my tax stamp.
    Did you file a paper Form 1? If so it should take a couple of weeks or less. If you eFiled, then the stamp will have been emailed to you.
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I E-Filed. I got my approval email on 5/12. I would have thought the stamp would be here by now.

Feedback Score
    I E-Filed. I got my approval email on 5/12. I would have thought the stamp would be here by now.
    How do you know that it was approved? If you received an email, a pdf of the From 1 will be attached. The Form 1 has a stamp printed on it, not a real one. The exception to this is the amnesty registered braced pistols. Those don't have stamps because they're "free".

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I received an email stating it was approved. However, this was for a braced pistol so from what you are saying there isn't a tax stamp for these. I didn't know that. I figured that since they were being registered as SBR's then there would be a tax stamp also.

Feedback Score
    The stamp you get is based on the amount of money you pay. They're $200 for most NFA transactions, but are $5 for AOW's. Since the braced pistol stamps are "free", you don't get one. Now that your braced pistol has magically changed to an SBR, put the proper stock on it. Also, remember that according to the ATF, no 922(r) parts are required as you did not assemble the firearm.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I have had 3 eFile Form1s approved in the past, never did they send me an actual paper form with the glued stamp. Only a PDF scan of one. One time they didn’t even take the “DRAFT” watermark off. Form has a stamp on it and says “draft”. Morons.
    I am part of that power which eternally wills evil, and eternally works good.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    Also, remember that according to the ATF, no 922(r) parts are required as you did not assemble the firearm.
    I missed that memorandum or notice. If you could point me to it, I would appreciate it.

My understanding was that by filling out the form "Permission to build a short barreled rifle" and converting a pistol to a rifle, you were the builder of an SBR, and thus responsible for adding compliance parts. thanks

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed L. View Post
    I missed that memorandum or notice. If you could point me to it, I would appreciate it.
    Sure. Here is it straight from the ATF.
    https://www.atf.gov/firearms/docs/un...ide-2/download
    11. I possess a pistol, which was imported and then subsequently equipped with a stabilizing brace. Does 18 U.S.C. § 922(r) apply to my firearm?
    No. Section 922(r), in relevant part, makes it unlawful to assemble from imported parts a semiautomatic rifle that is otherwise not importable. The implementing regulations of the GCA at 27 CFR 478.39 provides that a person may not assemble a semiautomatic rifle using more than 10 of the imported parts listed in the relevant paragraphs of the regulation. As discussed in section IV.B.8.e of the final rule, the criminal violation under section 922(r) is for the “assembly” of the semiautomatic rifle; therefore, no modification of such firearm would cure the 922(r) violation because the “assembly” has already occurred. Accordingly, a person with an imported pistol that was subsequently equipped with a “stabilizing brace” will have the same options as anyone else under the final rule. Should that person choose to register the firearm, no further modification of the firearm with domestic parts is required.
    My understanding was that by filling out the form "Permission to build a short barreled rifle" and converting a pistol to a rifle, you were the builder of an SBR, and thus responsible for adding compliance parts. thanks
    That is generally true. However, in this case you're not the person who assembled the firearm. Whoever put the brace on it did. Basically, by claiming that braced pistols are SBR's, it means that the ATF is also claiming that some of those foreign SBR's were also assembled in violation of 922(r). So, they're giving a pass on that felony too. They are so forgiving, aren't they? Also, note that 922(r) only involves the act of assembly. In spite of what most people think, there is no such thing as a 922(r) compliant rifle. There is only 922(r) compliant assembly. It's perfectly legal to possess a rifle that was assembled in violation of 922(r).

Feedback Score
    SBR e-filed Form 1 for individual.
    Submitted 05/13/23.
    Approved 06/16/23.

Interestingly, I e-filed an amnesty Form 1 well before this that still hasn't been approved.

Page 473 of 489 FirstFirst ... 373423463471472473474475483 ... LastLast