Page 2 of 489 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Official NFA Transfer Times Thread

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Sad thing is that I'm getting ready to have to endure another waiting period when I submit another form for an SBS.
    Last edited by GLOCKMASTER; 02-27-09 at 16:57.

Feedback Score
    The NFA branch has gotten incredibly efficient at stamp approval and processing times. they managed to reduce the time to process significantly in the last couple of years despite doubling thier requests for stamps to about 450,000.

Problem lies in the fact that since november those requests have gone up to 950,000+.

Doesnt seem like a stretch that they are probably working balls out getting these things thru processing. I'd say give em some slack, these are the folks at ATF who are the good guys.
    My capacity for self deception is exceeded only by yours.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    The funny thing is I think this confirms they do these in bunches. To include you guys a friend of mine and I both got approvals in the mail today.

Matt

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by glockshooter View Post
    The funny thing is I think this confirms they do these in bunches. To include you guys a friend of mine and I both got approvals in the mail today.

Matt
    I seem to remember someone at the ATF telling me that they mail the approved forms out in batches but the actual investigations occur based on a queue system.

BTW, here is the time table for my Form 4:

10/07/08 Suppressor ordered.
    12/08/08 Suppressor arrived from YHM.
    12/11/08 Mailed Form 4 to ATF.
    12/17/08 Check to ATF cleared.
    02/11/09 Went Pending.
    02/23/09 Form 4 Approved.
    02/27/09 Approved Form 4 arrived at Class III Dealer.
    We must not believe the Evil One when he tells us that there is nothing we can do in the face of violence, injustice and sin. - Pope Francis I

Feedback Score
    Many times, the delay is in the processing of the fingerprint cards. Will all the new federal ID requirements that have been coming online in the last year, FP card processing times have gone up. That said, even transfers that don't require FP cards (dealer to dealer, corporate, trust, etc.) have increased in time.

What's really stupid is dealer to dealer transfers taking months. That's a process that should take 15 minutes, tops.

Feedback Score
    My last Form 1 went pending in 6 weeks, and was returned to me (approved) in exactly 11 weeks.

My current Form 1 was sent on 12/11, and is still not even pending!

Very frustrating!

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by m4junkie View Post
    My last Form 1 went pending in 6 weeks, and was returned to me (approved) in exactly 11 weeks.

My current Form 1 was sent on 12/11, and is still not even pending!

Very frustrating!
    How do you find out if it's "Pending?" Or how do you discover the status of a Form 1 or 4 period?

Just curious, as I sent my first ever batch of Form 1's (2) and a Form 4 to BATFE on 02/06/2009. They were received by BATFE on 02/09/2009, and all three checks were cashed by them on 02/17/2009.

However since the checks were cashed I've no idea what's going on with them. How do I find out (regardless I KNOW I have a month or two or three to wait still, I just would like to know how exactly to follow up on them)??

-Paul

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RetreatHell View Post
    How do you find out if it's "Pending?" Or how do you discover the status of a Form 1 or 4 period?

However since the checks were cashed I've no idea what's going on with them. How do I find out (regardless I KNOW I have a month or two or three to wait still, I just would like to know how exactly to follow up on them)??

-Paul
    You call them - 304-616-4500. NFA Branch in Martinsburg, WV. You'll need the serial numbers of the items. Tell the person who answers the phone that you want to check on the status of a transfer or application.

However, give it at least 6 weeks from the time the check is cashed until you call for the first time. Then, don't check more often than every 3-4 weeks - you'll just piss 'em off.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    After three weeks, I still haven't seen my check cashed for a Form 4. Is that normal, or should I be calling? The Form 4 is for an SBR and was mailed on 2/11/09.
    Last edited by sproc; 03-04-09 at 21:20.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sproc View Post
    After three weeks, I still haven't seen my check cashed for a Form 4. Is that normal, or should I be calling? The Form 4 is for an SBR and was mailed on 2/11/09.
    It's toward the ling end of normal. I'd give it another week and if it's not cashed by then, I'd call.

Page 2 of 489 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast