Page 491 of 492 FirstFirst ... 391441481489490491492 LastLast
Results 4,901 to 4,910 of 4913

Thread: Official NFA Transfer Times Thread

Feedback Score
    I submitted two paper form 1 on 18 March 2024. CC charged on 23 March. Both stamps approved on 25 April. First one returned to me 30 April, the second 15 May.
    eForm 4, once certified, took 2.5 days.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    eForm4 [Trust] certified and filed this morning. I'm on pins and needles.

These "short" wait times are giving me hope I don't know if I should hold on to.
    I am part of that power which eternally wills evil, and eternally works good.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Double tap.
    Last edited by Alex V; 06-05-24 at 10:12.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex V View Post
    eForm4 [Trust] certified and filed this morning. I'm on pins and needles.

These "short" wait times are giving me hope I don't know if I should hold on to.
    I have an efiled form 4 on a trust for a suppressor awaiting approval that was certified on 19Apr. My NFA dealer told me trust approvals are officially quoted at still 6-8 months, however they are seeing the majority come through at < or = to 60 days. Because most trusts have multiple Responsible Persons on them and each one has to have a background check performed, I’m guessing they’re all being treated as the same, whereas individuals are obviously just the one person. Pure speculation on my part though. I’m the only RP on my trust currently however after this purchase I’ll be adding my son now that he is 21.
    "Warriors"

Out of every 100 men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets. Nine are the real fighters and we are lucky to have them for they make the battle. Ah, but the one...one is a Warrior, and he will bring all the others back.

-Heraclitis

Feedback Score
    I thought you only had to be 18 to buy a NFA item?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ap1220 View Post
    I have an efiled form 4 on a trust for a suppressor awaiting approval that was certified on 19Apr. My NFA dealer told me trust approvals are officially quoted at still 6-8 months, however they are seeing the majority come through at < or = to 60 days. Because most trusts have multiple Responsible Persons on them and each one has to have a background check performed, I’m guessing they’re all being treated as the same, whereas individuals are obviously just the one person. Pure speculation on my part though. I’m the only RP on my trust currently however after this purchase I’ll be adding my son now that he is 21.
    Im the only RP on my Trust as well. The NFA tracker shows an average of 103 days for a Form4 Trust approval. 60 days would be spectacular!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ap1220 View Post
    I have an efiled form 4 on a trust for a suppressor awaiting approval that was certified on 19Apr. My NFA dealer told me trust approvals are officially quoted at still 6-8 months, however they are seeing the majority come through at < or = to 60 days. Because most trusts have multiple Responsible Persons on them and each one has to have a background check performed, Iím guessing theyíre all being treated as the same, whereas individuals are obviously just the one person. Pure speculation on my part though. Iím the only RP on my trust currently however after this purchase Iíll be adding my son now that he is 21.
    Im the only RP on my Trust as well. The NFA tracker shows an average of 103 days for a Form4 Trust approval. 60 days would be spectacular!

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    I thought you only had to be 18 to buy a NFA item?
    Sorry, I wasn’t ignoring you. The answer is..”it kind of depends”. While the NFA doesn’t specify an age, the GCA 1968 states that purchasers need to be 21 in order to purchase from an NFA dealer. This opens up private sales or through trusts, but you could still have issues if your state requires CLEO sign off, they could still say no if the purchaser is not 21.

I chose not to add him until he turned 21 just to ensure there were no hurdles, however he has been the beneficiary of my trust if something happened to me since he was 18.
    Last edited by ap1220; 06-16-24 at 22:59.
    "Warriors"

Out of every 100 men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets. Nine are the real fighters and we are lucky to have them for they make the battle. Ah, but the one...one is a Warrior, and he will bring all the others back.

-Heraclitis

Feedback Score
    Form 4 efile for factory SBR
    Submitted: 5/30/24
    Approved: 6/14/24

Feedback Score
    Form 4 Individual efile for factory SBR
    Submitted: 5/30/24
    Approved: 6/14/24
    Last edited by Bret; Yesterday at 15:26.

Page 491 of 492 FirstFirst ... 391441481489490491492 LastLast