Page 3 of 489 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Official NFA Transfer Times Thread

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    FWIW, here are my times:

Form 1 sent: Dec. 5 - received: March 5. The stamp was issued Feb. 23 but wasn't mailed until the first.

Feedback Score

Wink

The best thing to do is pretend you are not waiting for anything...(Forget About it)

Then again, It easy for me to say...I got other cans here that I use.
    Keep your Cool...Dont Freeze
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Kozowski View Post
    It's toward the ling end of normal. I'd give it another week and if it's not cashed by then, I'd call.
    I'm now past 6 weeks, and the check is still not cashed. My dealer says it's still too soon to call because that's the new norm, but I don't know him well enough to know if that's true. Time for me to call the ATF or keep waiting? If I do call, can they even give me a status on a transfer that hasn't even had the check cashed yet?

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sproc View Post
    I'm now past 6 weeks, and the check is still not cashed. My dealer says it's still too soon to call because that's the new norm, but I don't know him well enough to know if that's true. Time for me to call the ATF or keep waiting? If I do call, can they even give me a status on a transfer that hasn't even had the check cashed yet?
    I would go ahead and call 'em, man. Although I'm new to this NFA game as well, as you can see on the previous page my checks took only a week and a half to get cashed, and I sent my 3 forms off only a few DAYS before you did.

That's my 2 cents brother. I'd call 'em and politely ask what's up. It couldn't hurt anything.

Good luck bro,

-Paul

Feedback Score
    I would definitely call.

I sent my first form 4 on March 22.

I just checked my bank account and it cleared March 27th.

You might want to check that out.
    ~D

Feedback Score
    Checks are cashed fast..within two weeks easy. That's the first thing they do when they receive your paperwork.

My two Form 4s were approved last week..waiting on a call from my dealer. Went pending on February 23rd. Mailed on December 17th.

Feedback Score
    It won't work to call and check at this point.

Feedback Score
    I sent my paperwork on Jan 1, and my check was cashed Jan 6th. I called this morning and was advised that my paperwork was not assigned to an examiner until March 5th.

Just as an FYI.... the person who answered the phone was almost at the point of being rude, stating that "if you're going to get involved in a process like this you can't have any expectations..."
    Last edited by gk2410; 03-30-09 at 07:26.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ZOMBIE101 View Post
    The best thing to do is pretend you are not waiting for anything...(Forget About it)
    +1

Leave them alone...the more time the spend answering calls, the less time they spend processing forms.

Feedback Score
    Sent two form 4s on 1-18, stamp was dated 3-31 and received my papers today 4-3!!!! I have another one I sent out on 2-14. We'll see how long that one takes. Did all of mine in a trust.

Good luck!

Page 3 of 489 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast