Page 401 of 453 FirstFirst ... 301351391399400401402403411451 ... LastLast
Results 4,001 to 4,010 of 4525

Thread: Official NFA Transfer Times Thread

  1. #4001
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    South TX
    Posts
    65
    Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Hello all,
    Does anyone know if the gov. shutdown is affecting the NFA branch or FBI NICS? I tried logging into my efile account a received a notice that my account was locked. Not that this would have anything to do with the shutdown, but most likely because it has been a long while since I last logged in. I poked around on the ATF and FBI websites but didn't find any info as to whether they are affected by the shutdown. As it is I'm going on 12 months waiting on my form 4.

  2. #4002
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Goose Creek, South Carolina
    Posts
    340
    Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jl1288 View Post
    Hello all,
    Does anyone know if the gov. shutdown is affecting the NFA branch or FBI NICS? I tried logging into my efile account a received a notice that my account was locked. Not that this would have anything to do with the shutdown, but most likely because it has been a long while since I last logged in. I poked around on the ATF and FBI websites but didn't find any info as to whether they are affected by the shutdown. As it is I'm going on 12 months waiting on my form 4.

    I just received and email from them saying that they are experiencing technical issues and will be working on it for the next two hours.

  3. #4003
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Georgia, USA
    Posts
    2,955
    Feedback Score
    0
    Most of the government workers in the "shutdown" departments are required to work. They just don't get paid until the funding comes through. In fact, I heard on the radio that during the "shutdown" vacations are cancelled and they must report to work or they won't get paid when the funding comes through. That seems stupid and almost impossible to believe, but then we're talking about the federal government which makes it completely possible. I don't know if the ATF is impacted though.

  4. #4004
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    OUTPOST 31
    Posts
    10,520
    Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    Most of the government workers in the "shutdown" departments are required to work. They just don't get paid until the funding comes through. In fact, I heard on the radio that during the "shutdown" vacations are cancelled and they must report to work or they won't get paid when the funding comes through. That seems stupid and almost impossible to believe, but then we're talking about the federal government which makes it completely possible. I don't know if the ATF is impacted though.
    You’re welcome for my free cervix


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. #4005
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    South Louisiana
    Posts
    96
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Anyone know what is going on with this? This was cut and pasted from: https://www.atf.gov/firearms/applications-eforms

    eForms Currently Available

    ATF Forms 2, 3, 6, 6A, 9, 10 and 5300.11 are available for eForms submission.

    Note: NFA eForm 1, 4 and 5 are not in service at the present time, due to regulatory change implementation with no set date of restoration to service.

  6. #4006
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Goose Creek, South Carolina
    Posts
    340
    Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jurassic View Post
    Anyone know what is going on with this? This was cut and pasted from: https://www.atf.gov/firearms/applications-eforms

    eForms Currently Available

    ATF Forms 2, 3, 6, 6A, 9, 10 and 5300.11 are available for eForms submission.

    Note: NFA eForm 1, 4 and 5 are not in service at the present time, due to regulatory change implementation with no set date of restoration to service.
    Not a clue but I hope the form 1 I submitted 12-16 is GTG. My CC payment went through and it’s in pending status still. I have another lower I wanted to form one this weekend and hope this isn’t true.

  7. #4007
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    105
    Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    With the Gov re-opening, you think the forms will go back on line?

  8. #4008
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    1,591
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by DBake View Post
    With the Gov re-opening, you think the forms will go back on line?
    ASA sent out an email on Friday that said they would...

    Government to Reopen; NFA to Resume Processing Forms

    WASHINGTON, D.C. – This afternoon, President Trump announced that a deal has been reached with Congress to reopen the government. He is expected to sign the legislation today. When he does, all operations at ATF will resume, including the processing of NFA applications.

    While ASA does not have a position on the shutdown, we are thrilled that all NFA examiners will be returning to work next week. In the coming days, ASA will communicate with NFA Division staff to bring you further updates.

  9. #4009
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Southern Indiana
    Posts
    4,274
    Feedback Score
    61 (98%)
    Form 1 Submitted through E-Form on 12/11/18
    Sent off Fingerprints 12/22/18
    Received Approval notice today 1/30/19

    When you factor in the shutdown... Well lets say I am impressed.
    Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly.


  10. #4010
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Georgia, USA
    Posts
    2,955
    Feedback Score
    0
    I'd be impressed if that was representative of the whole. However, most of the Form 4's are stuck at last May. It's the same background check, so why are they processing them at such a significantly different rate.

Page 401 of 453 FirstFirst ... 301351391399400401402403411451 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •