Page 470 of 490 FirstFirst ... 370420460468469470471472480 ... LastLast
Results 4,691 to 4,700 of 4897

Thread: Official NFA Transfer Times Thread

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rev View Post
    25 days, one of my quicker approvals, but I'm sure the ATF is going to make me wait for the free stamp.......
    71 days today... Im not a happy camper!
    I am part of that power which eternally wills evil, and eternally works good.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex V View Post
    71 days today... Im not a happy camper!
    Have you called the AFT to check if it's in process?
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by georgeib View Post
    Have you called the AFT to check if it's in process?
    Yup. Emailed. Just in case. Always have a paper trail.

The application is currently pending, no issues are notated.
    I am part of that power which eternally wills evil, and eternally works good.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex V View Post
    Yup. Emailed. Just in case. Always have a paper trail.

The application is currently pending, no issues are notated.
    It's weird. Looking at the Reddit approval threads, there are always those strange outliers that, for no apparent reason, fall way outside the norms. I've been strangely fortunate in that my paper Form 4s came back in ~9 months, the same as my last eForm 4, and one eForm 4 came back in ~140 days. Whereas my Form 1s came back in 14 days each.

Nowadays, it seems like approvals for Form 1s are coming back between 30 and 70 days. It does seem like there is a logjam from January though, with a lot of people complaining that they are at over 80 days on a Form 1. I know it's small consolation, but you're not alone in the clusterfvckery. The pistol brace amnesty registration has really thrown a wrench in the works, and I'm frankly expecting Form 1s to start taking months, and then years before too long.
    Last edited by georgeib; 04-14-23 at 15:46.
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Have a form 1 with a trust in process for just over 2 months now. Called the ATF and sweet talked the rep into why it was taking so long. She finally broke down the process for me. Apparently the FBI is the issue. They are submitting the fingerprints to them and they are taking way longer than usual. They (supposedly) don’t send them anything except the fingerprints related data.

What’s more interesting is that she said they are almost random in sending back approvals. Some are sent back in a couple of days and some are months.

Strange…

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Have a form 1 with a trust in process for just over 2 months now. Called the ATF and sweet talked the rep into why it was taking so long. She finally broke down the process for me. Apparently the FBI is the issue. They are submitting the fingerprints to them and they are taking way longer than usual. They (supposedly) don’t send them anything except the fingerprints and related data.

What’s more interesting is that she said they are almost random in sending back approvals. Some are sent back in a couple of days and some are months.

Strange…

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluto View Post
    Have a form 1 with a trust in process for just over 2 months now. Called the ATF and sweet talked the rep into why it was taking so long. She finally broke down the process for me. Apparently the FBI is the issue. They are submitting the fingerprints to them and they are taking way longer than usual. They (supposedly) don’t send them anything except the fingerprints and related data.

Strange…
    Read similar accounts on Reddit.

One way to possibly skip to the front of the line with the NICS check is to be apply for a UPIN with the FBI. You then enter the UPIN on your Form 1 or 4. The FBI will issue you one after running your fingerprints and background.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Porter View Post
    Dead Air Wolfman submitted yesterday on an e-filed Form 4. Dealer said they had been seeing approximately 6 month turn arounds on these. We will see.
    Stamp arrived yesterday evening. Just over 6 months, so I’m pretty happy with that.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Got my MKE APF-P Brace/Tax waiver SBR back yesterday. This one took a lot longer than my other "amnesty" guns.

1/30-4/25 (85 days)
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Got my MKE APF-P Brace/Tax waiver SBR back yesterday. This one took a lot longer than my other "amnesty" guns.

1/30-4/25 (85 days)
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Page 470 of 490 FirstFirst ... 370420460468469470471472480 ... LastLast