Thread: Official NFA Transfer Times Thread

Feedback Score
    Amnesty eFile Form 1

Submitted - 4/28
    Approved - 9/8

One down, two to go.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post
    2 weeks? Is there any reason a background check should take longer?
    Just to tell shooters who want to protect their ears and reduce noise pollution, "F--k you! I'm keeping your $200. Say "Hi" to your mom for me."

Feedback Score
    Amnesty eFile Form 1

Submitted - 4/28
    Approved - 9/12

Two down, one to go.

Feedback Score
    Form 4 Can #1

Submitted 5/23
    Approved 9/16

Form 4 Can #2

Submitted 5/23
    Approved 9/16

Imagine my surprise. Waking up on a Saturday morning to two approval emails.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch110 View Post
    Form 4 Can #1

Submitted 5/23
    Approved 9/16

Form 4 Can #2

Submitted 5/23
    Approved 9/16

Imagine my surprise. Waking up on a Saturday morning to two approval emails.
    Crazy that the Form 1 took longer than the Form 4s. Very decent turn around on those Form 4s. Making me itch for another can.
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by georgeib View Post
    Crazy that the Form 1 took longer than the Form 4s. Very decent turn around on those Form 4s. Making me itch for another can.
    There is no rhyme or reason. I have a Rugged that was submitted on 4/23 that is still outstanding. And another Form 1 from 4/27. I am about to add another one (a Polonium K) to the mix too. I got a little stamp happy this year.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    There is no rhyme or reason. I have a Rugged that was submitted on 4/23 that is still outstanding. And another Form 1 from 4/27. I am about to add another one (a Polonium K) to the mix too. I got a little stamp happy this year.
    Hopefully things will settle down soon with all the extra help they were forced to hire in order to process their latest unconstitutional overreach.
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Got an email at 8:03 on Saturday morning that one of my amnesty Form1s was approved. The other, submitted on the same day 5/31 still pending.

So 109 days for an amnesty Form1, the other is at 111 days today, and a regular Form1 submitted on 2/3 still pending at 228 days.

Please make it make any sense!

I sent the finger prints and cover letters in the same envelope for both amnesty forms, how is one approved and the other still pending? The ATF NFA branch are like a bunch of monkeys trying to F a football.
    I am part of that power which eternally wills evil, and eternally works good.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex V View Post
    Got an email at 8:03 on Saturday morning that one of my amnesty Form1s was approved. The other, submitted on the same day 5/31 still pending.

So 109 days for an amnesty Form1, the other is at 111 days today, and a regular Form1 submitted on 2/3 still pending at 228 days.

Please make it make any sense!

I sent the finger prints and cover letters in the same envelope for both amnesty forms, how is one approved and the other still pending? The ATF NFA branch are like a bunch of monkeys trying to F a football.
    So I had four forms approved last week with another 2 outstanding. I figured I would give them a call this morning and ask them very politely if they could piggy back the NICS check onto the other two and clear my queue. I know. Wishful thinking. The response was that every form is treated as an individual form (which is backed up by the fact that four inspectors approved my four forms last week,) each with its own control number, and they get to them as they are assigned. In other words, there is no intelligent work flow to any of this. It's total luck of the draw. You cannot apply straight line logic to any of this.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    So I had four forms approved last week with another 2 outstanding. I figured I would give them a call this morning and ask them very politely if they could piggy back the NICS check onto the other two and clear my queue. I know. Wishful thinking. The response was that every form is treated as an individual form (which is backed up by the fact that four inspectors approved my four forms last week,) each with its own control number, and they get to them as they are assigned. In other words, there is no intelligent work flow to any of this. It's total luck of the draw. You cannot apply straight line logic to any of this.
    Government incompetence at it's best, right?
    I am part of that power which eternally wills evil, and eternally works good.

Page 481 of 490 FirstFirst ... 381431471479480481482483 ... LastLast