Page 5 of 490 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast

Thread: Official NFA Transfer Times Thread

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    Have you been in a coma for the last few months? Even NFA stuff is selling like hot cakes. All told you aren't doing too bad. Mine took 71 days and that was in October using a trust.

Quote Originally Posted by Abiqua View Post
    OUCH!

The Form 1 I sent in 26 Jan went pending 09 Apr. What's the hold up?

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    I mailed mine on 3/25 and I don't plan on calling until my birthday in June.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Mailed Form 1 12/31/2008, went pending 3/11... Still pending.

100+ days thus far. I expect a good four months.
    Last edited by Gingerkid; 04-15-09 at 14:37.

Feedback Score
    Dealer to dealer transfers are taking 45+ days now. Which is stupid, as it should only take 5 minutes to process.

1) Check databases to see if FFL/SOT is valid for both parties
    2) Check NFRTR to see if the item being transferred is registered properly to the dealer transfering it out.
    3) If 1 and 2 are good, approve transfer

It ain't rocket science.....

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I think I got ya'll beat. 9 Months so far on a factory SBR. It hasnt even hit my dealer yet. So, at least 3 months after that point. 1 year Min. wait

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sproc View Post
    I'm now past 6 weeks, and the check is still not cashed. My dealer says it's still too soon to call because that's the new norm, but I don't know him well enough to know if that's true. Time for me to call the ATF or keep waiting? If I do call, can they even give me a status on a transfer that hasn't even had the check cashed yet?
    My check was finally cashed -- nearly 8 weeks after submitting the Form 4. Hopefully just an anomaly.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Called the NFA Branch today to check on the status of my most recent Form 4. Here is what has happened so far:

01/01/2009 - Agreed to purchase NFA item.
    01/06/2009 - Sent payment.
    01/29/2009 - Item transferred to local Class III Dealer.
    02/04/2009 - Local Class III Dealer took delivery of item.

02/06/2009 - Mailed out Form 4 to ATF.
    02/11/2009 - Check for tax cleared.
    04/09/2009 - Form 4 went Pending.
    04/19/2009 - Case still Under Review.

I am guestimating that the Form 4 will be probably approved around 04/23/2009 (unless I goofed on the form and have to fix something).
    Last edited by CarlosDJackal; 04-16-09 at 16:54.
    We must not believe the Evil One when he tells us that there is nothing we can do in the face of violence, injustice and sin. - Pope Francis I

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Kozowski View Post
    Dealer to dealer transfers are taking 45+ days now. Which is stupid, as it should only take 5 minutes to process.

1) Check databases to see if FFL/SOT is valid for both parties
    2) Check NFRTR to see if the item being transferred is registered properly to the dealer transfering it out.
    3) If 1 and 2 are good, approve transfer

It ain't rocket science.....
    You are assuming that there is someone assigned to take these steps immediately. If each Investigator already has a hundred dealer-to-dealer transfer in their queue when your request gets there, it's still going to have to wait until your request gets to the front of that queue. And this is only true if there is nothing else ahead of your request; there are no system issues; the Inspector who was assigned your case did not have an emergency; etc.

i don't know why anyone is bitching about these things taking 3 or 4-months to complete. I remember when people had to wait as much as 18 to 24-months!!
    We must not believe the Evil One when he tells us that there is nothing we can do in the face of violence, injustice and sin. - Pope Francis I

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CarlosDJackal View Post
    Called the NFA Branch today to check on the status of my most recent Form 4. Here is what has happened so far:

01/01/2009 - Agreed to purchase NFA item.
    01/06/2009 - Sent payment.
    01/29/2009 - Item transferred to local Class III Dealer.
    02/04/2009 - Local Class III Dealer took delivery of item.

02/06/2009 - Mailed out Form 4 to ATF.
    02/11/2009 - Check for tax cleared.
    04/09/2009 - Form 4 went Pending.
    04/19/2009 - Case still Under Review.

I am guestimating that the Form 4 will be probably approved around 04/23/2009 (unless I goofed on the form and have to fix something).
    Wow, I sent my two form 1's, and a single Form 4 on 02/06/2009 as well, the very same day as you did. My checks were all cashed on 02/17 and 02/18.... I called a week ago and they told me that they weren't even pending yet. Hopefully by now they are though, since yours is.

I have a question for you though man: What exactly does "pending" mean? Does it mean that once your form goes pending, that it's almost about to be approved very soon thereafter? Just curious as to what pending actually means.

-Paul

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RetreatHell View Post
    ...I have a question for you though man: What exactly does "pending" mean? Does it mean that once your form goes pending, that it's almost about to be approved very soon thereafter? Just curious as to what pending actually means.

-Paul
    As I understand it, a case goes "PENDING" once it is assigned to a Case Officer/Investigator. I don't think it means anything as far as time before approval.

But my last Form 4 was approved 12 days after it went Pending. The approval date was at the end of last February. Once it is listed as "UNDER REVIEW", it's actually bing actively investigated.

Of course I could be way off base on this.

Page 5 of 490 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast