Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are these feed ramps GTG?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Are these feed ramps GTG?

I know RRA isn't known for making really nice M4 feed ramp cut on their rifles (upper receiver). Here's what I have. I'm shooting semi only...at most rapid fire (if I have to). Do these look like a potential weak point to you guys? They aren't machined really deep. I'm trying to right the wrongs so to speak if there are any on my Entry Tactical.

Last edited by 021411; 03-02-09 at 13:35.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Looks like they did a little Dremel work on an standard receiver that didn't have M4 feed ramps machined into it. I wonder if the barrel ext. is regular vs. M4? It should be good enough, but I don't think it has a genuine M4 receiver/receiver ext. feed ramps. Looks like what I did to a Stag upper I once had.

Feedback Score
    I always wondered why RRA bothered to dremel the feedramps.

I mean the M4 upper is only few $$ more than non M4 and the time with the dremel is not free.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I guess the only true way to tell is to put rounds through it. But generally speaking, do I have something that is bad?

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 021411 View Post
    I guess the only true way to tell is to put rounds through it. But generally speaking, do I have something that is bad?
    I don't think you'll have any problems, as long as you use good mags and shoot 55-62 gr. FMJ ammo IMHO.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    FMJs and especially a crapload of soft points because that's what we are allowed to carry in our work carbines. No FMJs are allowed.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    I would try some 69-75gr ammo and see what you get. If the gun runs, then you are GTG>

From looking at the pic, they look like a hack job and would not accept them.

C4

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    Just curious did you do that Dremel job yourself? Just curious because in pic #3 there appears to be shavings on the right side of the inner part of the receiver.
    Last edited by Iraqgunz; 03-02-09 at 16:36.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    Just curious did you do that Dremel job yourself? Just curious because in pic #3 there appears to be shavings on the right side of the inner part of the receiver.
    Hell no. It's lint/dust from my floor and the light. The rifle is 100% unfired by me. I haven't had the chance to buy mass quantities of ammo and hit the range.

Wow, if that appears to be metal shavings to you, I wonder what else you see.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast