Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Any EMT/I/P's in here?

Feedback Score
    I am a paramedic/ firefighter here in Ga. I dont have much like for the NR either, but I maintain it.

Feedback Score
    EMT-I since '93, then went on to EMT-P in '96.

Been full time with a 911 service since I began, but took a "break" from 99-03 when I enlisted and then another in '04-'05 when I took a PSD gig in Iraq (but I was in a Team Medic slot for much of my contracting time).

Back in .civ EMS since November '05, and enjoying it more this time around than before...
    Last edited by Hell_Bent; 03-13-09 at 20:10.

Feedback Score

Old Texas Paramedic

Been a Texas Paramedic for 15 years. EMT-B and EMT-I for 2 years prior that. Served with the 2nd 505 PIR 82nd ABN. in the late 70s. My oldest son is a Ranger-Qualified 1LT with 4th INF. Div. Mech. My youngest son is a Ranger-Qualified Spec. 4 with the 1st Ranger Batt. 75th INF. ABN. My 1LT is currently deployed in Iraq and my young Ranger has deployed to Iraq twice and Afghanistan once. I turn 50 this year and I am pretty tired of being a Paramedic.

Feedback Score

medic?

I'm in my 30th year as a Medic. ready to retire, its been a good run but gotta get out. can't stand the helpless society thats been created by three phone digits. 911that was created as a life saving measure has turned into a sorry excuse for instant taxi service in my County. You new guys are in for a fun time..........

Feedback Score

Mew Is Right!

You hit the nail on the head alright! I don't mind serious calls but the vast majority of them do not need an ambulance. I think I am the only person that watched the Katrina coverage in my lounge chair, drinking a large beverage and laughing my ass off! Most people do not know what a real emergency is. I am sick of the constant abuse of the 911 system in this country!

Feedback Score
    NREMT-I(99). I'm not a street/ambulance EMT though. It's more collateral duty for me.

Feedback Score
    Almost. About 4 weeks from finishing a one year/part time EMT-B training. I've done most of the basic training and my clinicals..still have extrication and hazmat plus finals. So I know next to nothing right now but on the way to learning.

I'm, er..considerably older than most of the class. I always wanted to do it when I was younger but never had the time or spare cash to make the move. I still can't afford to switch careers totally, but am going to work casual a couple weekends a month for a local company and keep the day job.
    Deeds, not words.

Feedback Score
    Firefighter/Paramedic.

Feedback Score
    Medic since '94
    I/C since '98
    Tactical medic since 2000

Feedback Score
    FF/EMT-P, SWAT Medic
    Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear.
    Ambrose Redmoon

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast