Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Any EMT/I/P's in here?

Feedback Score
    Been all three at one point or another in my career. Been a medic for the last eight years. Now I'm a boss. What was I thinking?

My first post here. I was going to say I'm trying to stay in my lane, but I'm not even on the same freeway. New to the platform; no military or LEO experience, so I've been quiet trying to learn. I checked out TOS, but spend far more time here: I'd rather be ignorant in a room full of geniuses, then smart in a room full of ding dongs.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I have my certificate for EMT-B. Finished it last semester. I just need to go take the National Registry.
    West Texas

Feedback Score
    I recieved Florida certs as an EMT in 94, a medic in 98, and firefighter in 99. I started out as a reserve police officer in Michigan in 92, left the field for an ER in 2001, and left the ER to teach full time in 2006. It has been an interesting ride to say the least.

Feedback Score
    I have been a Paramedic for 15 years, I have been a Tactical Medic with a regional SWAT team for 8 years, and I am a member of the MA-1 DMAT team.

Feedback Score
    EMT-B from 94-06, CMA (Certified Medical Assistant) from 2000 to Present, First Responder 94 to present. Working on getting the EMT back. But with my CMA and ETT I am able to do alot. LPN school in 2010.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    EMT; lucky enough(or is it skill?) to be married to an OB/GYN. I say if the SHTF always good to know an M.D. M.D.'s with surgical skills such as Vasc., Gen. Surg., OB/GYN, even better! Maybe a one hand washes the other scenario: I give you protection, food, gas, ammo, whatever, in return for help as needed. Let me also say as an EMT-B; EMT's in general are underrated and overlooked. We get to the scene, do the best we can, and have them looking MUCH better for the M.D.'s in the ER. Then, the M.D.'s get the high five's. A good EMT is great to know in a bad situation.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 6933 View Post
    EMT; lucky enough(or is it skill?) to be married to an OB/GYN. I say if the SHTF always good to know an M.D. M.D.'s with surgical skills such as Vasc., Gen. Surg., OB/GYN, even better! Maybe a one hand washes the other scenario: I give you protection, food, gas, ammo, whatever, in return for help as needed. Let me also say as an EMT-B; EMT's in general are underrated and overlooked. We get to the scene, do the best we can, and have them looking MUCH better for the M.D.'s in the ER. Then, the M.D.'s get the high five's. A good EMT is great to know in a bad situation.
    I'll take a good EMT-B who knows his job over a half-assed medic for a partner any day.

Feedback Score
    1 (67%)
    Have been an ED RN since 2004.

Passed my NREMT today.

Taking my BCEN cert in June.

Trauma/ED Nurse at Vanderbilt University, ACLS EP, PALS, TNCC,BLS.

Taking 2 week Paramedic coarse next year in Omaha, NE.

Creighton University in Omaha, NE offers accelerated EMT-B/EMT-P programs for RN's.

Jason

Here is the website if anyone cares...

http://www2.creighton.edu/ems/
    http://www2.creighton.edu/ems/courses/nemtb/index.php
    http://www2.creighton.edu/ems/course...thcp/index.php
    Last edited by jnr4817; 06-19-09 at 01:50. Reason: multi

Feedback Score
    Almost done. One final exam and the state practical exam.
    Last edited by Barbara; 05-06-09 at 20:43.
    Deeds, not words.

Feedback Score
    Been an EMT in the Fire Service since 1990, seen lots of changes and have been able to be a part of some memorable events.
    Last edited by TecRsq; 05-05-09 at 18:19.
    TecRsq
    North Gawga

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast