Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: crossfit

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by iroc_dis View Post
    I'll have to try those. My favorite so far has been the Murph hero workout. All one timed event. Start with a mile run then do any combination of 100 pullups, 200 pushups, and 300 body squats, then finish with another mile run. Every second of that sucks.

I've found that its hard for me to keep up with WODs since I don't have access to rings anywhere.
    I did murph last when I was over in the sandbox a couple of months ago and I couldn't agree more. It was 40 min +/- straight of suck, it was great =) I've served with a few of the guys who unfortunately have had hero workouts named after them, hero workout are always tough but I enjoy the pain and I enjoy remembering...

Stay Safe,
    GU

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ROCKET20_GINSU View Post
    I did murph last when I was over in the sandbox a couple of months ago and I couldn't agree more. It was 40 min +/- straight of suck, it was great =) I've served with a few of the guys who unfortunately have had hero workouts named after them, hero workout are always tough but I enjoy the pain and I enjoy remembering...

Stay Safe,
    GU
    Yea, I only just recently got a weighted vest. I had been doing it "vest free" and it blew. Previously I think I was in the 45-55min range but with an extra 20 lbs on, I doubt I'll be able to get under an hour. Murph isn't one that I would do on a regular basis, but it is good maybe once every other month or so just for a change of pace. Plus its fun as hell if you do it with someone
    Amat Victoria Curam

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by texasfrog View Post
    Crossfit is a great way to work out, and I still do the WOD's a couple times a week, but I have personally seen many guys (including myself) injured from the workouts.
    I couldn't agree more! It is a more "high" risk exercise regime but it is addicting! the push to get that 1 more round or cut a minute off your PR makes it tough to control your form at times...Learning from experience =)

I've had to relearn my limits so I don't hurt myself as well.

GU

Feedback Score
    double
    Last edited by ZDL; 03-21-09 at 07:00.

Feedback Score
    Someone pissed him off.

For time:
    225 pound Deadlift, 21 reps
    Run 800 meters
    225 pound Deadlift, 15 reps
    Run 800 meters
    225 pound Deadlift, 9 reps
    Run 800 meters

WTFing Hell. See you in 3hrs.......

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I did that one yesterday...FYI, I usually work 1-2 cycles behind so I can see whats coming next and plan accordingly =). My lower back feels..."nice".

Looking forward to Linda today!

GU

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ROCKET20_GINSU View Post
    I did that one yesterday...FYI, I usually work 1-2 cycles behind so I can see whats coming next and plan accordingly =). My lower back feels..."nice".

Looking forward to Linda today!

GU
    Wuss. "plan ahead" LOL. If I do that I'll find some reason to get out of it. I don't look at it till right before I start. I'll stew about it all day otherwise. Anticipation sucks.

Rock on w/ linda today!

Feedback Score
    ever since i switched my S&C routines to crossfit several years ago, there was a dramatic improvement in my performance in MMA, BJJ, and muay thai class. i remember after 2 months of crossfit, some of they guys i sparred with asked why i wasn't getting tired anymore. i hadn't realized my sudden improvement until they started mentioning it. stayed with it ever since.

the last 6-8 months, i've gravitated to rosstraining, but i still work fran, angie, and the other bitches real often.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Bigboote,

A big + 1 for Ross Enamait! To me Ross's stuff is real hardcore cross training and conditioning without all the hype and kool-aid...
    Last edited by Yojimbo; 04-09-09 at 12:44.

Feedback Score
    CFT... I'm...uhhh... still sore from Monday as I did GHD instead of situps on accident. The 5k sucked after the walking lunges as well but man I flew through it to my surprise and glee.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast