Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Auto Knife Picture Thread

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by yasnevo
    I have a really stupid question... I have one of these Microtech HALO II's... I wish that I could push the button and the blade would retract back into the knifes body... however, I have to puch the button and use the edge of the kydex carrier to completely close the blade...

Am I missing something? Or, is this just how the knife is?

Thanks in advance.

Y-
    Yancey,

Are you using the cocking bar to pull the blade back? You shouldn't have to push against the blade if the cocking bar is working properly. Once the blade is deployed, push the button and pull back on the bottom end of the handle. The cocking bar is held in place with a ball bearing detent.

The Halo III, II, 2.3, CFO, and Combat Talon, are all single action and have to be cocked. The Scarab, Troodon, UTX, Makora, Ultratech and a few others I can't recall.. are double action and work in and out on the thumb switch.
    Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear.
    Ambrose Redmoon

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    No, he doesn't know about the cocking bar.

If you look at Edwin's picture of the green Halo- you can see all the way at the left where the cocking bar begins right after the last two screws. The cocking bar has two grooves on each side to help grasp it- it is a little small.

Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    They make about the best Auto's on the planet.

C4

MICROTECH is the BEST PRODUCTION auto

Bought my FIRST L-udt in 1995 and was HOOKED

just as bad as AR15

HALO is a cool OTF but I dont know if I would use one for protection or not

I seen Tony M beat the SHIT out of one throwing etc

I did Break my VERY first Coil Spring on my SOCOM ELITE

My Fault maybe since I swim in the salt water with it!!

Took them like for ever to fix it and send it back

But it did come with SERRATIONS for free

Wich I asked for

Feedback Score
    Not really a good pic but its all I have at the moment! AK74 Automatic, it carries well, holds an edge and sharpens fairly easily.

Feedback Score
    Are you guys buying these local within your state of residence?

Every web site I went to has a warning about shipping to LE/Gov employees only.

Sure are a lot of MICROTECH models to choose from, which do you all consider as the beefier models that can take some abuse?

Definetly want one of these badboys.

The only otf auto I have was givin to me years ago, no name on it, black plastic handle, push thumb lever forward, blade shoots out, pull thumb lever back blade retracts.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

MT's

I have a HALO 3-2007 and a Mikora 7-2003 ...
    I got my HALO first - and I realized at that point that these are very serious weapons but thats the difference from my Gerber Applegate which is a tool a knife a prybar if needed a cudgal. Microtechs are made for cutting one thing and one thing only. If you catch my drift !

Michael
    The things we own end up owning us ...

If experience is the best teacher then pain is the best experience ! ...MRG

LUKE 22:35

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by HAMMERDROP View Post
    I have a HALO 3-2007 and a Mikora 7-2003 ...
    I got my HALO first - and I realized at that point that these are very serious weapons but thats the difference from my Gerber Applegate which is a tool a knife a prybar if needed a cudgal. Microtechs are made for cutting one thing and one thing only. If you catch my drift !

Michael

I hear ya on that.

After I posted the question I realized it was pretty stupid to ask how people aquired thier knives on an open forum.

I really like the Combat Troodon but since it would be illegal and useless for me to carry there is no reason to spend the bucks on it. ( makes no sence I can carry a concealed firearm but not an automatic knife - go figure)

Instead am gonna look at one of the good quailty assisted opening folders, they seem to be fast as hell anyway.

Ken

Feedback Score

Talking

Benchmade AFO.

It's been with me for 3 years.

Took the clip off so it would fit better in the shroud pocket on a Nomex uniform.
    "The more they overthink the plumbing, the easier it is to stop up the drain"...Chief Engineering Officer, Montgomery Scott

Combat_Medic Guest

Ultratech/Sig226/Omega Seamaster

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pave_rifle View Post
    Benchmade AFO.

It's been with me for 3 years.

Took the clip off so it would fit better in the shroud pocket on a Nomex uniform.
    Picture thread?

Welcome!

Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball...

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast