Thread: Malkoff M60 vs M60W MC-E (pics)

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Malkoff M60 vs M60W MC-E (pics)

I have been a long time supporter of Gene Malkoff and his drop-ins even before he made it "big time". I've been using the standard M60 module in my duty belt light (Z2) for over a year. It has never let me down and has even been through a hurricane! . I took a little break from CPF and lost track of what Gene was putting out for a while. I caught wind of the MC-E module and had to act on it. Well the M60W MC-E arrived this evening. I definitely like what it has to offer. I would say it is pretty close to a Milky L4 I used to own. It definitely puts out a wall of light and has a really wide beam with no hot spot. It's definitely NOT a thrower if that's what you're looking for.

Here are two beam shots for now. I'll get more up tonight.

Please note that it's really hard to capture the tint. The M60W is much warmer in person. I wanted to get the point across about the beam.
    Also note that the camera enhances the brightness a bit. The MC-E is a bit dimmer than depicted but still plenty bright for room clearing. It's no slouch.

Standard M60

M60W MC-E

And for grins, one of a few Triple Q5's SL-20X drop-ins (prototype) that Gene made for me.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I like that third one. Looks like it has the spot of the first and the width of the second.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    I like that third one. Looks like it has the spot of the first and the width of the second.
    I do too. I was lucky to snag one from him last year. Here's the business end of my SL-20X.