Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Carbine Stock Systems

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Carbine Stock Systems

We all know Vltor, LMT, and Magpul stocks all look cool and they all use the same mil-spec buffer tube. My question is about the claims made by Ace Ltd. USA on their website riflestocks.com. If you don't know check it out- they say mill-spec buffer tubes are weak and can bend- and their version "the Super Heavy Duty Ace M4-7" is much stronger. They also claim that their M4 SOCOM stock is 6 times stronger than a standard A2- I'm thinking about getting a M4 SOCOM as opposed to getting a stock that looks "high speed". Any body have any advice for me on getting one of these stocks(positives & negatives) other than the fact that it can't hold batteries and it doesn't come in Flat Dark Earth(I could care less)?
    From my 4 years experience on a M.C. Recon team my M4 tube never bent, even when I used it as a crutch climing the Kahuku Mts. in Hawaii-
    Thanks for the info
    P.S. its going on a RRA Carbine lower-

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Raining Brass
    We all know Vltor, LMT, and Magpul stocks all look cool and they all use the same mil-spec buffer tube. My question is about the claims made by Ace Ltd. USA on their website riflestocks.com. If you don't know check it out- they say mill-spec buffer tubes are weak and can bend- and their version "the Super Heavy Duty Ace M4-7" is much stronger. They also claim that their M4 SOCOM stock is 6 times stronger than a standard A2- I'm thinking about getting a M4 SOCOM as opposed to getting a stock that looks "high speed". Any body have any advice for me on getting one of these stocks(positives & negatives) other than the fact that it can't hold batteries and it doesn't come in Flat Dark Earth(I could care less)?
    From my 4 years experience on a M.C. Recon team my M4 tube never bent, even when I used it as a crutch climing the Kahuku Mts. in Hawaii-
    Thanks for the info
    P.S. its going on a RRA Carbine lower-
    The ability to carry batteries is a far second to the way the Crane or Vltor stock feels... After having one, a *regular* stock just feels all wrong.

Outside of a vehicle being involved, I have only seen a couple of milspec tubes break... in one case the butt was wedged into a ledge on a wall and used as a booster step to get up to the roof... so it takes some doing to break them.

It is far more likely that you will break a stock really... I know there was problems with one breaking during mortering. The Crane is a nice stock, but I am just not all warm and fuzzy with having to take the stock off the gun to get into the compartments.

Bottom line is shoulder them and see what you like... ask yourself how hard are you going to use it and what is the cost if it fails.
    I put the "Amateur" in Amateur Radio...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have never used a Crane or Vltor, but I heard facial hair can get cought in the teeth on the Vltor stock...any truth to that? The Crane is just more than I want to spend because I would have to get a new tube for my AR. What about the Choate...besides the $$$?

Feedback Score
    I have never used a Crane or Vltor, but I heard facial hair can get cought in the teeth on the Vltor stock...any truth to that? The Crane is just more than I want to spend because I would have to get a new tube for my AR. What about the Choate...besides the $$$?
    I dont have a problem with it, but then I am highly trained in the ways of Won Duk Tape.

The older Choate used its own tube and was horribly constructed... I guess the newer ones are better, I hope they were able to knock at least three or four pounds from it anyway. If you are .mil I can send you the NSN for the Vltor, in tan

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    This Grasshoppa has only mastered Ju Zip Tie- Well, anothother reason I am considering the M4 SOCOM is because I want to get a .458 SOCOM upper and have heard the standard collapsable stock collapsing under pressure from the recoil...know any thing bout that?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Ya I joined the ranks of the good ol' IRR about 6 months ago. Contractor work is calling my name!

Feedback Score
    Maybe see if we can get Marty to chime in on that... I can tell you that this:

thumps pretty well, and the stock holds up on it fine...

eta: Marty changed his email, as soon as I find the new one I will see if he can ring in on the question.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    What do you call that thing the "Dark Earth Mover"?

Feedback Score
    What do you call that thing the "Dark Earth Mover"?
    M32 Grenade Launcher

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Point well made- Do you know if the Vltor will fit the ACE M4-7 tube?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast