Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Carbine Stock Systems

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Do you also have a BUIS set on that shotgun?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Raining Brass
    LMT uses a 6 position mil-spec tube and Vltor uses a 5 position mil-spec tube- are these stocks and tubes interchangable? Why not have that 6th pos?
    Why have it? I'm another VLTOR believer, and converted my M93 magpul lower over as well.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I'm pretty happy with my Vltors. Yes, the gap between the stock body and storage compartment can grab a beard, but a properly placed piece of duct tape can solve that problem. I like that it just slides right on to the receiver extension on my Colts without having to change those out.

Feedback Score
    LMT uses a 6 position mil-spec tube and Vltor uses a 5 position mil-spec tube- are these stocks and tubes interchangable? Why not have that 6th pos?
    The extremes (short and long) are the same, the only difference is how many holes are in between... the .mil stock has two, Vltor has three and LMT has four.

I guess each figures they have enough, I mean what is practical really?
    I put the "Amateur" in Amateur Radio...

Feedback Score
    The ACE stocks have always felt like Schwin bicycle parts to me.

If you want a stock on the cheap that will fit a commercial tube try the Cav Arms standard M4 stocks. Otherwise Vltor is the best followed by the LMT SOPMOD.

Feedback Score
    Do you also have a BUIS set on that shotgun?
    No, not yet. I’m not certain what I want to do for backups yet. I’ve got enough spare parts, holsters, and slings around here from buying things without enough research. Makes it hard to explain to the wife why I need something. “Don’t you have twelve holsters for that gun already?” “Yes, but they don’t do what this one does…or they don’t match my belt, boots, shirt, eyes…(feel free to insert any lame excuse you can think of, especially if they have worked for you. I may find a new one I haven’t used yet).” I have found it is best if I just have things shipped to my office. The sheriff doesn’t ask me those kinds of questions.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by K.L. Davis
    The extremes (short and long) are the same, the only difference is how many holes are in between... the .mil stock has two, Vltor has three and LMT has four.

I guess each figures they have enough, I mean what is practical really?
    Exactly. I use one hole that matches both the gun rack and me wearing a shirt/vest and adjust it if I am wearing a coat or a tac-vest.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Well, either everyone loves Vltor or everyone is a rep for them- guess I might have to start shaving again...

Anyone have a Vltor on an 870? Will it handle 3"mag rounds?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 9301
    No, not yet. I’m not certain what I want to do for backups yet. I’ve got enough spare parts, holsters, and slings around here from buying things without enough research. Makes it hard to explain to the wife why I need something. “Don’t you have twelve holsters for that gun already?” “Yes, but they don’t do what this one does…or they don’t match my belt, boots, shirt, eyes…(feel free to insert any lame excuse you can think of, especially if they have worked for you. I may find a new one I haven’t used yet).” I have found it is best if I just have things shipped to my office. The sheriff doesn’t ask me those kinds of questions.
    Have you thought about a Troy BUIS set? or is there a problem with those?

Feedback Score
    Have you thought about a Troy BUIS set? or is there a problem with those?
    I’ve thought about them and lots of other things like getting my riding lawn mower fixed BEFORE I need it again, paying a little extra on the mortgage, and six million other things that keeps my checking account pretty close to gasping its last breath (my savings account has been terminally ill for as long as I can remember). Right now my focus is on getting my last two college credits so I can finally graduate after thirty-one years of sporadically attending classes. Trust me, taking a statistics class is the last thing I want to do as evidenced by my having left it for last and I’d much rather be doing a thousand other things, but my wife has her boot up that soft fleshy part I sit on to get it done and it takes a fair amount of coin. I will take a look at them though, thanks.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast