Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MREs Entrees

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

MREs Entrees

All:

If you have a need to stock up on some MRE's, "The Ready Store" sells MRE Entrees seperately so you don't waste money and space on other junk.

http://www.thereadystore.com/emergen.../emergency-mre

Excellent customer service and they offer other essentials you may find necessary as well.

Stay safe.

Ben

Feedback Score
    At what point is an expired MRE to old to eat?
    Last edited by usaffarmer; 03-08-09 at 01:13.

Feedback Score
    they dont really expire, they have an inspection date. check this site out

mreinfo.com

Feedback Score
    Depends on the temperature at which they are stored. Lowering the temperature 10 degrees doubles their life usually, this is true for a lot of other food as well.
    Last edited by shadowalker; 03-10-09 at 21:09.

Feedback Score
    Freeze em.

Feedback Score
    how many cases do you keep on hand?

Feedback Score
    One MRE (the military issued one not the civilian bought kind) can sustain you for one day. I would keep a case of military MRE's on hand and another box of canned goods. In a cool temperature, shelf life is about 5-8 years from what I've been told. First things to go "bad" is peanut butter and cheese. Inspect your food before you eat it.

Feedback Score
    Does anyone else know of any other places to get full cases of MRE's at a decent price. I am looking for 2 cases for LEO deployment. I thought MRE's would be great because we would be living out of our cars for the first few days. Anyone have other ideas besides mre's? I guess my requirments would be: take up as small a sapce in a full patrol car (older Impala), easy to prepare, can be eatin hot or cold, individual meals can fit in to a daypak or hydration pak. Thanks for the thoughts.

Feedback Score
    Lawdog, you can also consider freeze dried food a lot of campers use, sorta like civilian "LRRP" chow, but more of a selection. They take longer to prepare and you will need to carry more water for drinking and for food prep. Personally, I'd stick with the MREs.

Sources for freeze dried food:

http://www.backpackerspantry.com/

http://survivalacres.com/

http://www.mountainhouse.com/
    For God and the soldier we adore, In time of danger, not before! The danger passed, and all things righted, God is forgotten and the soldier slighted." - Rudyard Kipling

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimbo View Post
    One MRE (the military issued one not the civilian bought kind) can sustain you for one day. I would keep a case of military MRE's on hand and another box of canned goods. In a cool temperature, shelf life is about 5-8 years from what I've been told. First things to go "bad" is peanut butter and cheese. Inspect your food before you eat it.
    Depends on your definition of sustain.

One MRE has around 1200 to 1400 calories if you consume 'everything' included in the package.

1500 or fewer calories is consdered starvation level for most adults.
    My brother saw Deliverance and bought a Bow. I saw Deliverance and bought an AR-15.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast