Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: introductions and Member Info

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    I'm 39, and i live and work in the philippines. Spent most of my late teen years as a volunteer in a Emergency Reaction Group (hey, it was a great way to spend my ROTC time). found myself digging a lot of people out of an earthquake and a volcanic eruption back then. went into medical school in 93. later took up Pediatrics, but soon got sick of that and went into Emergency Medicine. Been an ER Doc for nearly 8 years now. Used to work in a Trauma Center, but left there to work in a provincial hospital.
    Last edited by MiggyE; 09-03-09 at 02:31.
    DULCE ET DECORUM ES, PRO PATRIA MORI

formerly a Trauma/ER Doc. Now a Forensic Examiner

Feedback Score
    Hi, my name is Rob.

I am currently a career firefighter/paramedic on a city department here in Iowa, been on since 02.

Miltary time:
    Medic Active Army: 95-99
    Medic/Infantryman Army Guard: 99-06
    Firefighter Air Guard: 06 - Present

Civilian:
    NREMTB: 98-08
    NREMTPS: 08-Present

Feedback Score
    I don't have much knowledge or real world experience, but here is what I bring.
    EMT-B, Army CLS (1-502INF 2001-2005), Red Cross Wilderness First Aid.
    Last edited by testudo; 09-30-09 at 01:36.

Feedback Score
    I'll make my second post a second intro, as it was this sub-forum that finally motivated me to join, and I'll probably open my mouth here before long.

I'm a former EMT-Basic, I let my licensure lapse to pursue "higher" education (psych and pre-med. I'm currently a college burn-out, though I'll get around to finishing it up eventually). Though I wasn't Wilderness cert'd, I spent a lot of time in the back-country,and working in the extreme-rural ranch environment (Hey, I grew up a cowboy... and saddle bags hold a lot of med kit).
    Now I'm an off again on again (mostly off, this season) firefighter with the US Forest Service, and giving a lot of thought to going back to school and continuing with EMS.

Here and there I've picked up training in this or that related to first aid, EMS, and medicine. I'm all about learning more, and more, and more about these things.
    I grew up 50 miles from a paved road, and 60 from a hospital or veterinarian - I learned a lot about first aid and medicine on people and critters (what us back-country folks call "doctorin'")out of necessity as a kid, and the habit just stayed with me.

I also do some writing on medical topics for the layman, and have designed and taught a basic med course for the armed citizen that bridges the TCCC into the civilian self-care realm.

Looking forward to discoursing with y'all.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Hi y'all,

I am currently a Student Registered Nurse Anesthetist (SRNA, class of 8/2010). Have spent several years in critical care (ICU) in Vascular and Transplant surgery but we saw all types of stuff and plenty of trauma. I am, and have been, at a major academic institution in the southeast.

Recently, I have seen trauma from a new perspective in anesthesia. I will tell you this; you combat medics and first responders have my respect and appreciation as we can sometimes save patients because of the groundwork y'all did in the field!

I look forward to reading the stuff here and hopefully giving some contribution!

Sparky

Feedback Score
    Army medic(NREMT-B), soon to be paramedic student; hopefully take a few TacMed classes too, then be looking for a contracting job.

'06-'07: 2/9 INF (M) Camp Casey Korea
    '07-Present: FT Bragg ER
    {'08-'09: TDY>10th CSH EMT, Iraq

Feedback Score
    Coast Guard since '98
    Helicopter Rescue Swimmer(class 17-01 "One of Two") and EMT-B since '01

I really HATE the medical side, but it's damn useful
    Last edited by Beerswimmer; 12-26-09 at 20:22.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    army medic,EMT-P,EMT-T

Feedback Score
    Hi, I'm Doug

Vol ambulance/FF 1975-1978
    Navy 1980-2000 Aviation Electronics
    Combat Lifesaver course when I was in the Navy (1994)
    Vol FF/EMT-B 2001-2005
    Private ambulance (EMT-B) 2004
    Medical Assistant 2004
    Worked in ER 2005
    Surgical Technician 2005- present.
    currently taking a online Chinese Herbology course.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)

Howdy

ED nurse in "busy urban Level 1 Trauma Center" (no shameless plug for place of employment for me), critical care experience in surg-trauma ICU/neurosurg ICU/burns, dive medic, former EMTP for 15ish years, TEMS medic experience, former FMF corpsman, now Emergency/Trauma nurse in the Navy Reserve. Geez....sounds like I should retire now.
    Last edited by chuckman; 03-29-10 at 10:30.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast