Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: introductions and Member Info

Feedback Score
    Medical student here... finishing up my 3rd year and getting ready for my last! Applying for residency in little under a year and Emergency Medicine is one of he fields I'm considering.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)

Howdy

ED nurse in "busy urban Level 1 Trauma Center" (no shameless plug for place of employment for me), critical care experience in surg-trauma ICU/neurosurg ICU/burns, dive medic, former EMTP for 15ish years, TEMS medic experience, former FMF corpsman, now Emergency/Trauma nurse in the Navy Reserve. Geez....sounds like I should retire now.
    Last edited by chuckman; 03-29-10 at 10:30.

Feedback Score
    Hi...
    Dan, Upstate Ny

NYS EMT- Paramedic since 1994
    NYS EMT since 1989
    Firefighter since 1989

Career Firefighter/Paramedic since 1996
    Career EMS Urban setting 1989-1996

various alaphabet classes, ACLS, PALS, BTLS, AHLS etc.

Other stuff:
    Former Hunting safety Inst, PADI SCUBA divemaster

Feedback Score
    Taran, West-Central PA (currently)
    New to the forum.
    Used to be a certified first responder in Alaska several years back. Then I was a BSA Lifeguard, then a VA Beach lifeguard, and somewhere in there a Red Cross CPR/1st Aid instructor. All my certifications have lapsed so I'm still operating off 10 yr old data.

In all that time, and especially now, if I'm not the guy receiving the first aid, I'm just the guy giving it when the medics/paramedics finally arrive.

Feedback Score
    I work as a medical Missionary at this time. I am on call for a Family Practice/Urgent Care Clinic. I help teach some basic 3rd world medical skills for missionaries. I worked 911 as an explorer and have numerous years working medical standby's for events. I equip medical misio teams with gear for there clinics and help them equip hospitals and clinics they go to.

Certified Medical Assistant (01 to Present)
    Wilderness First Responder (Just Certified)
    EMT-I (Basic) (Expired)
    Basic Fire Fighter (90 to Present)
    Introduction to Tacitcal Medicine (03)
    Hazardous Material Awareness (92 to Present)
    Basic Search and Rescue (90 to Present)
    High Angle Rescue (94 to Present)
    Audit ACLS and PALS Courses for knowledge in working in clinic and mission trips.

Feedback Score
    Good day...I thought this might be a good first post for me.

I'm an Emergency Physician. I used to work in a major urban trauma center/teaching hospital as an ED attending and faculty member, now I work in a fairly small town ED in rural America. I'm also the medical director for our multi-county EMS agency and the local county FD. I also participate in one or two medical missionary trips a year, either Africa or S. America.

I'm a former fighter pilot, retired USAF, I used to be a paramedic back in the dawn of time, and am involved in SAR.

Originally I came here because I want to get some NFA weapons, and saw this sub. If I can answer any questions, I'll give it a shot. Of course, while I'm a physician, I'm not YOUR physician so no medical advice is offered.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Flight-ER-Doc View Post
    Good day...I thought this might be a good first post for me.

I'm an Emergency Physician. I used to work in a major urban trauma center/teaching hospital as an ED attending and faculty member, now I work in a fairly small town ED in rural America. I'm also the medical director for our multi-county EMS agency and the local county FD. I also participate in one or two medical missionary trips a year, either Africa or S. America.

I'm a former fighter pilot, retired USAF, I used to be a paramedic back in the dawn of time, and am involved in SAR.

Originally I came here because I want to get some NFA weapons, and saw this sub. If I can answer any questions, I'll give it a shot. Of course, while I'm a physician, I'm not YOUR physician so no medical advice is offered.
    Welcome.

Can you help me out? I have this foul-smelling ooze.....

Just kidding....

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckman View Post
    Welcome.

Can you help me out? I have this foul-smelling ooze.....

Just kidding....

Sure. It's probably a prostate problem. Drop your trousers, turn around and bend over while I get some gloves.....

Feedback Score
    Well I'm just starting out. Took awhile to figure out what I wanna do when I grow up.

USAF 01-06 First Aid, CPR, NBC
    EMT-B completed Dec 2009
    Full-Time School In Progress For: AAS/Paramedic

Feedback Score
    hi,

36 y/o FF, been a ff for 12 years and paramedic for 8 years. i work for the city of Miami driving one of the busiest pumpers. miami's FD does both medical and fire so we get to see alot. like most FF we do not like the medical but it pays the bills.

when FF say they do not like medical is cause the abuse of calls. people here use fire rescue as a red taxis and house calls.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast