Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: AAR: 3/6-3/8 2009 Vickers Tactical Private Class

ToddG Guest
    Sounds awesome, as expected. Sorry I had to bail. Looking forward to more AARs and photos.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SMGLee View Post
    [img]

Costa lighting up the night with is 10.5 KAC carbine with Eric Rice smiling for the camera in the back round. Usually the brake are shot with the M4QD suppressor during low light, but the blast makes for great photo op.
    I just lost my night vision after looking at this.... I was about to leave the office but I think I will wait 30min or so...

I really hate when he does that! he wonders why I disappear during our night shoots...
    TRAVIS HALEY
    Founder | CEO
    Haley Strategic Partners, LLC.
    http://haleystrategic.com/

Feedback Score
    Flashes of High School again; I didn't hang out with the cool kids this weekend.

Great pics, looks like a lot of fun! I'm guessing that for the night shot pic of Costa, the camera didn't have 'muzzle flash' as a white-balance option.

Any video of what Costa did to psyche out JW777?
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Excellent class! It's always great to get everyone together to do some training, have some good times and meet the faces. A special thanks to all of the Industry Representatives, they are a great group of people and enjoy shooting.

Although some may not think so, everyone shoot very well. After a full day doing all of the drills, you could look at the pasters and the hits were all no bigger than a soccer ball.

Hats off to Chris Costa, he's an excellent shooter and a great guy to speak with.

Yes Subzero, if we could've had the video of LAV joking you about the 5.45!

I guess we got a reward from enduring last years weather, we couldn't ask for a better weekend.

Mark
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I should also mention Sam E. (I forget his company name) who brought a PPSH, an MP-40, and a G36C that he let folks (well...me, anyway) play with. He was also handing out some really nice t-shirts provided by his company.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    Flashes of High School again; I didn't hang out with the cool kids this weekend.

Great pics, looks like a lot of fun! I'm guessing that for the night shot pic of Costa, the camera didn't have 'muzzle flash' as a white-balance option.

Any video of what Costa did to psyche out JW777?

There were a lot of "cool" kids in this class.

C4

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    TheKatar has organized a training group based on geographical areas. If you guys can get together and do some periodic training, etc. , it's a great benefit to meet people, have a good time and learn.

Grant does a great thing to make this happen with this Staff/Mod class. On top of meeting each other face to face it also serves to get the Industry guys out there and get first hand feedback on gear and hardware.

Mark
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Also a huge thank you to Ted Tae, he came along and snapped well over 10k pictures for the class.

I just finished batching all 10k last night so I will start putting them on line.

here is the class photo...

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Over 10,000 photos in 3 days? Wow. That's something like 4-5 photos every minute, assuming 40 or so hours total class time. Unless Ted was firing off strings of photos like a sports photog...
    Scout Rider for the Mongol Hordes

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    I had a very enjoyable weekend, seeing old faces and meeting new ones. The weather was beautiful and the quality of shooters was very high. This was my sixth training experience with Larry, and as usual I learned several new tidbits and received reinforcement on some older stuff.

My personal thanks to:

• Blue Force Gear

• Bravo Company

• Chen Lee & Ted Tae

• Daniel Defense

• David P

• G&R Tactical

• Knight's Armament

• Larry Vickers

• MagPul

• Sam a.k.a. Maus

• Va_Dinger

• Weapon Shield

A quick word about Chris Costa of MagPul Dynamics: there's no denying that a lot of eyes were upon Chris; it's human nature for men to gauge other men by both their attitude and performance. Chris consistently outshot nearly everyone in the class and rightfully earned the grand prize of a complete BCM upper. Chris deferred to the second runner-up... I have nothing but good things to say about Chris and I wish him and MagPul Dynamics continued success in their future endeavors.

A final lesson to ponder: halfway home on a 7 hour drive on an unfamiliar new route is not the coolest time for your GPS to just simply die! Always have BUIS and remember that two is one, one is none!

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast