4 (100%)
    Just a reminder to all... Play nice...

B
    Last edited by Buck; 03-16-09 at 23:35.
    MossieTactics.com ~ KMA 367

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutshot John View Post
    1. The problem with the national guard is that it has to be called up. Meaning those guys have lives/jobs outside of their service, so they can't expeditiously get called up, grab their gear and respond to a crisis as the local active military unit could.

2. It's not just a question of one "mad" gunman, it's a question of an incident that overwhelmed a small-town public safety resources to respond. In EMS parlance it is what we would call an MCI (Mass Casualty Incident). When an MCI occurs, whether it be 10 victims or 10 thousand, all bets are off and the local communities get the help they need.
    love the comment of local asset's/"public safety resources" being "overwhelmed" by one a-hole with a rifle.roflmao.a little over dramatic?
    as for my contribution? well i started my service to this country with a four year enlistment in the united states marine corps as an 0351.the rest is none of your business but i will say that i come from a whole family of local and fed leo's plus alotta friends in "alphabet" agencies who are shocked and disgusted due to the flagrant violation of law.
    no problem buck.i see your from l.a. a dear friend of mine builds rifles for l.a sheriff's s.e.b.
    Last edited by BiggLee71; 03-16-09 at 23:51.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BiggLee71@hotmail.com View Post
    love the comment of local asset's/"public safety resources" being "overwhelmed" by one a-hole with a rifle.roflmao.a little over dramatic?
    By all accounts they were overwhelmed... Thus the activation of their mutual aid agreement with the Army...

B

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutshot John View Post
    Kent State was the national guard sent in by the Governor of Ohio, not federal troops.
    Imitate, not replicate
    Kein Mitleid Für Die Mehrheit
    What Happened to the American dream? It came true. You're looking at it.

Feedback Score
    Well I started this thread in hopes of learning a little more about how folks here view the role of the Feds and I’ve found it interesting to say the least if not a bit discouraging. Even in a freedom loving community such as this, I see a toleration on the part of some for what I find to be a dangerous extension of Federal power and a violation of states rights. I’ll also grant that such intrusions are at times at the bequest of state governments but that is a failure on the part of state and not justification for Federal involvement in spite of the fact that the specific action may appear to morally vindicated. It is not just individuals who wait in line to suck on the teat of centralized power.

Incrementalism is dangerous because it is almost invisible. Freedom stealers don’t jump over jurisdictional lines, they just take a small steps and test the mood. Resistance normally results in retreat but never a full retreat. They take a half step backward and move the line. Here a little and there a little—they are painstakingly patient. They also have a different attitude than most of us. They’re aggressive and offensive while most of us are defensive. We want to hold onto what we have and are happy to be left alone to work, raise our families and enjoy our friends. Not the other side. What we have they want to take away—but they are happy to do it slowly. It is the slow warming of the water that cooks the frog as it is never aware of the danger. He is already caught but doesn’t know it. They fight their war by stealth and their greatest asset is our apathy and ignorance. Idealogical wars are exactly that—wars. And they are won with knowledge, determination, perseverance and the will to defeat the enemy. It’s hard work on top of the everyday work of making a living. I hope we’re up to it. We haven’t done very well in the 200 plus years since the original constitution was penned. The march has been a steady one to the left.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I believe this thread has run its course...

B

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567