Thread: AR-10 Q&A

Feedback Score

AR-10 Q&A

I just picked up an Eagle striped lower and wanted to know if I could use my Magpul 93b with it (with an AR-10 buffer and spring)

I was also wanted to know if anyone had a line on lower parts kits for the AR-10

Thanks,
    G

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    No, the standard AR10 buffer and spring combo is about 3/4" too long for 93B (or any) carbine tube.

You would need either the Magpul AR10 Carbine Buffer and Spring Set- http://www.magpul.com/catalog/index....roducts_id=238

Or you could use one of the "Slash" buffers available on another site. The Slash buffer uses the regular spring and they do work well in that configuration.
    I used one for a while prior to moving on to a Magpul PRS stock.

Feedback Score
    An H3 buffer with the AR10 spring would work. That's what we have in my buddies AR10 with Magpul PRS stock, (I know it's not the 93B) but the buffer is normal AR length and will work none the less.
    Μολὼν Λαβέ

Have gun... will travel.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    You need to get a special buffer from Magpul or Slash to use the AR15 receiver extensions. A normal AR15 buffer is too long to allow full travel on an AR10 with an AR15 receiver extension.

If you are using a standard, unmodified, AR15 buffer, you are NOT using a spec tube.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Enidine will have hydraulic AR10 buffers out soon. At their booth at SHOT they had the very short stubby AR10 buffers, the more normal looking AR10 CAR buffer and a rifle length AR10 buffer.
    Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)