Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Number of Mags for STHF

Feedback Score

Number of Mags for STHF

hey yall, whats a good number of mags to have on oneself in the case of a shtf scenario? my current setup has four, im kinda thinkin about more like eight or twelve though.

Feedback Score
    No matter how many magazines you have, the answer is always simply MORE!

Really it depends on what you are comfortable with, can afford, and are available. I don't think there is any one size fits all correct answer.

Semper Fi

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by dave5339 View Post
    No matter how many magazines you have, the answer is always simply MORE!

Really it depends on what you are comfortable with, can afford, and are available. I don't think there is any one size fits all correct answer.

Semper Fi
    Man, That is the truth!!!!
    "Intelligence is not the ability to regurgitate information. It is the ability to make sound decisions on a consistent basis "--me

"Just remember, when you are talking to the average person, you are talking to a television set"--RDJB

One Big Ass Mistake America

Feedback Score
    thats kinda how i feel. I dont use a vest, i use a belt/load bearing suspenders. so im thinkin ill just cram as many on there as i can with out it being too heavy. i kinda figured theres no such thing as too many lol

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Goodtimes View Post
    hey yall, whats a good number of mags to have on oneself in the case of a shtf scenario? my current setup has four, im kinda thinkin about more like eight or twelve though.
    How many you should have will depend on what the scenario is, its duration, how you will travel for sustainment/resupply, and how far you will travel, and what else you'll be carrying and how. Also, will you be moving/hunkering down discreetly, and to what extent?

Having a dozen on your body might be handy, but might be too much bear for a given set of circumstances.

2-4 magazines is a lot of shooting, but perhaps not over time. Nonetheless, it's a typical basic load for many.

2-4 mags, backed up by more in a vehicle or at a base camp you're moving from or to, is likely more practical.

Feedback Score
    I have 4 in a harnis (holds 8) and 1 in the AR, and a double mag next to the gun. I will most likely never "need" any of it, but it is ready. Most of my mags are in marked .50 cal cans. I have more than I will ever need, but I will be getting more when I can...

Jeremy
    Last edited by J Krammes; 03-14-09 at 18:36.

Feedback Score
    at this point, i am more converned with keeping the ones i have filled than how many i have. not being smart to your question, but the price and availability of ammo worries me. Red.
    ‘‘Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined’’

— Patrick Henry

Feedback Score
    at this point, i am more concerned with keeping the ones i have filled than how many i have. not being smart to your question, but the price and availability of ammo worries me. Red.
    ‘‘Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined’’

— Patrick Henry

Feedback Score
    I have 14 30rd mags for my 6.8 LWRC PSD, 7 30rd mags for my AR15, 7 Mags for my 1911, 4 20rd drum mags 3 10rd mags for my Saiga 12. 1000rds of each caliber sitting in 5.56/.50cal ammo cans.

Feedback Score
    I find 10 to be the minimum for stashing, for either rifle or handgun. Truth is the sky is the limit depending on what one may afford or store.

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast