Thread: Glock Entrenching Tool

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Glock Entrenching Tool

I wasn't sure where to put this question but figured it was a better fit here than anywhere else.

Does anyone have a Glock Entrenching Tool? I ordered one for my truck after getting the idea from a 4x4 magazine. How do they hold up? Are they as tough as they claim to be?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Dunno about the Glock E-tool but I carry an old wooden handle W German folding E-tool with pick in the van.
    Two broken Tigers, on fire in the night,
    Flicker their souls to the wind...
    -Roads to Moscow

Not Forgotten:
    http://www.virtualwall.org/dk/KillenJD01a.htm
    http://www.virtualwall.org/db/BoddenTR01a.htm

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I got a Mini-Shovel at Lowes for my Jeep. It was 12 bucks.

Small but far easier to use than an E-Tool if you don't need to carry it far.

E-Tools are made to be easy to carry and work poorly.

Regular shovels are the opposite.

I split the difference.
    My brother saw Deliverance and bought a Bow. I saw Deliverance and bought an AR-15.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by M4arc View Post
    I wasn't sure where to put this question but figured it was a better fit here than anywhere else.

Does anyone have a Glock Entrenching Tool? I ordered one for my truck after getting the idea from a 4x4 magazine. How do they hold up? Are they as tough as they claim to be?
    I bought one a decade or more ago. Haven't used it much, but it seems sturdy - at least as good as folding GI E-Tool.

Feedback Score
    Have had one in my truck for 14 years. Used it twice to dig out. It works well in loose soil, but the plastic handle flexes quite a bit when levering. Not too big a problem, but I can't dig as hard with it as I can with the ash-handled Swiss milsurplus etoolm I keep in my car.

If weight is a concern, nothing I know of beats the Glock. Also, sharpened, it is well-suited to self defense. Pricey.

If you need a compact tool for some serious digging, try this one: http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/c....aspx?a=406499

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I was mine jeeping and four wheeling, digging out, clearing brush where needed, and other light chores. My first one is still going strong.

I suspect there's a failure point. I haven't found it yet, but I haven't gone looking for it deliberately either.

Feedback Score
    85 (99%)
    I have used the glock shovel for years. It has a root saw built into the handle. Locks up tight and adjustable angle. Excellant saw, best i have seen.

Feedback Score
    I had one for years and it was great for light duty digging but it did not survive the last Boy Scout winter campout. My son loaned it to one of the other boys when they were digging snow caves and it came back in two pieces. The handle broke at the pivot point which I have since read on the internet has happened to others and is the weak point.

As others have mentioned, the handle flexes when you're using a lot of leverage. The root saw is a nice touch. If I were going to be carrying the shovel a lot and weight was an issue, I would look at getting another Glock shovel or the Gerber "NATO approved" shovel. As it is, I'm going to pick up a surplus GI trifold and call it good.
    Last edited by JB2000; 09-16-09 at 13:10.

Feedback Score
    I have one for many years now. They are as tough as nails. Great shovel and the best of the folding e-tools

I recently added the russian spetnaz shovel as it makes a great fighting tool as well.

Glock is more compact but the russian fights better and chops trees as well.
    My capacity for self deception is exceeded only by yours.