Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Magpul Grip

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Magpul Grip

I'm sure this has been asked some where on this forum but, I'm new so I'm going to ask. How do you guys like the magpal grip? I like how you can adjust it to your comfort. But I have also been looking at the hogue grip. What do you guys think? I need input.

Thanx
    Bradb55
    Dead men tell no tales!

Feedback Score
    A pistol grip is something you need to try for yourself. You're better off finding a friend with one installed.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    You have a very good point. I was also wondering about quality of the two and how well they hold up.
    Dead men tell no tales!

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    I run several of them and love that you can adjust them to fit your hand size. No other grip offers this.

C4

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    The Magpul MIAD on my duty weapon is turning white in some areas from continual chemical exposure, and I had to scrub off dead skin when I recently took some pictures of it, but it locks into my hand better than any of the other grips I've ever tried. Even when my hands are wet, cold, and slick, it really works well for me.

If I'm not using a MIAD, I am one of the people that likes the standard A2 grip.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    With my 3 AR's, they all have the MIADs on them. I like how they ride up the lower towards the buffer tube. Really fills in the grip, with the attachments they have.
    Last edited by Chris_C; 12-19-06 at 20:17. Reason: more info
    “For those who have fought for it, freedom has a taste the protected will never know.”

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    I have both and both are good. The Magpul allows for specific storage. If you don't need that, get the Hogue.

Mark
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    I used to run Hogues and A2's. I like both of them just fine. I run a MIAD on all my AR's now. I LOVE MIAD's
    Protego quod vallo.
    Si vis pacem para bellum.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Another vote for the MIAD- I have 4.

The full kit allows you to fit to any size prefrence, and I like the enlarged triggerguard frontstrap option.
    Be sure to get a production unit. I broke a pre-production grip. (Magpul replaced three of them with production grips without issue.)
    The way you can tell the pre- from the production grips is the pre- has a countersunk mounting screw, and the production has a fillister head screw.

There are other grips that are good- the Tango Down for instance, but I find it a bit small- just like the A2 is.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Thanks guys for the input. I like getting others opinions on products. I think I'll go with the magpul for the adjustable aspect of it and the storage ability.

Thanx,
    Bradb55
    Dead men tell no tales!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast