Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Magpul Grip

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Magpul Grip

In the last couple of years I have had the opportunity of dealing with the Magpul crew on several occasions. It all started when I decided to rebuild a handful of magazines I own. While at their facility, I was able to play with some of their products. I spent some time dealing with the MIAD grip and was able to work with one given to our unit's armorer. Here is what I thought about it. This is only my opinion and is derived only from personal preference. It may not be what you are looking for but hopefully it helps you decide.

The high ride backstrap is important because it allows someone like me (smaller hands) to get a good grip and keep good trigger control. The curved trigger guard without a gap between the actual grip and the trigger guard keeps you from getting a callous on the middle finger of your shooting hand (Those who have shot more than a handful of rounds on their day off will know what I am talking about) and is spacious enough to shoot with gloves on. Positive texture helps when your hands are wet, oily, dirty, and bloody but is not so abrasive that is uncomfortable to the touch. Interchangeable backstraps allow you to customize the grip to the size of your hands. It is available in different colors so you can match it to what you want (as long as it is OD, Tan, or black that is). Finally, this may not be important to some but their customer service is outstanding. Rich was gracious enough to stop what he was doing and let me pick his brain as long as I wanted. If you are not satisfied with one of their products, they will work with you to resolve any discrepancies.

Now for my personal preference. The texture was fine but I prefer a softer rubber feel so I opted for an ergo grip from Falcon industries. It has a high ride back strap and the size is just perfect for me. I did purchase an enhanced trigger guard from Magpul because I shoot with gloves on sometimes and it covers that gap that everyone hates. Storage area is not a deal breaker for me because I only run a light on my rifle and I always do a gear check before I use any of it. I know Murphy is always around so I keep the spare batteries in a small pouch I carry in my cargo pocket.

Eventhough the MIAD didn't work for me I am extremely happy with the other products I got from them. And like I said before, their customer service is top notch.

I hope this helps.

S/F
    Libardo
    Product Manager at Magpul Industries

This is a personal account linked to a personal e-mail. Company affiliation and titles are provided purely for transparency requirements of the host site. Although factual company information may be shared through this account, any opinions expressed are solely those of the account holder, and not necessarily those of Magpul Industries or subsidiaries.

Feedback Score
    If you get the MIAD and dont like it you can always sell it. They go very fast. In fact let me know if you dont like it and I will buy it from you. I love mine and have another rifle that needs one anyways.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12