Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LMT Options

Feedback Score
    I like the idea that i can get all the parts i need from LMT and put it together as i get the money together, a lower (w/ sopmod stock), then upper, bolt, etc...sort of a build as i go.

thanks for the opinions and insight. I've been shooting AR's since i got a HBAR when i was 14 (i'm 31 now), but never really "learned" the weapon.
    cheers,
    Derek

Feedback Score
    Yeah, I have a 10.5LMT now, and i am planning on picking up a LMT lower to play with. I just dont wanna have to pay another 200 to SBR it. Maybe I'll just get a complete LMT gun

Feedback Score
    I was considering an LMT 14.5" upper myself but for some reason I just can't stomach their logo etched in white lettering near the top of the receiver. It ruins what would have been a great M4 clone..

BTW does anyone know who forges receivers and other components for BCM? I've been hearing nothing but good about them and was curious. Is it manufactured in-house, supplied by CMT, where do they get their barrels?

Thanks in advance.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by koalorka
    I was considering an LMT 14.5" upper myself but for some reason I just can't stomach their logo etched in white lettering near the top of the receiver. It ruins what would have been a great M4 clone..

BTW does anyone know who forges receivers and other components for BCM? I've been hearing nothing but good about them and was curious. Is it manufactured in-house, supplied by CMT, where do they get their barrels?

Thanks in advance.
    In my opinion the LMT logo is more visible in pictures than it is in person. I hardly notice it on my two LMTs but then again, I'm not looking for it.

Paul uses CMT upper receivers for his BCM uppers.

Feedback Score
    someone please educate me-what is CMT and BCM?
    any other company on par w/ LMT that i should consider for a basic no-frills carbine?
    thanks in advance
    cheers,
    Derek

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by koalorka

Thanks in advance.
    BCM does use upper receivers by CMT. Where they get their barrels is a secret.

C4

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by dwenslen
    someone please educate me-what is CMT and BCM?
    any other company on par w/ LMT that i should consider for a basic no-frills carbine?
    thanks in advance
    cheers,
    Derek
    CMT= Continental Machine and Tool. BCM = Bravo Company Manufacturing. It is owned by Paul of Bravo Company (a dealer on this board).

CMT does NOT make AR's. They do make parts though.

For AR's on par with LMT, I would stick with BCM and Sabre Defence.

C4

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    If you want an Upper that is as close to a Colt as far as the TDP... then get a BCM upper from Paul at bravo Company.

He takes absolutely NO short guns on these uppers and I could not be happier with it.......

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12