Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Magpul M93 series Rubber Buttpad install

Feedback Score

Magpul M93 series Rubber Buttpad install

This was very easy but I know how scary it is to drill into a $200.00+ dollar stock. I hope it might help someone else that opened it up only to realize a drill was necessary and there weren't any instructions. Not that they are really needed though.

Tools needed: 3/32" Hex wrench, Drill with **5/32" bit, Round File, Sharpie. I scrounged for tools, guess what's on the Christmas list now?

Start:

Remove the stock from the “Buffer Tube”, and set it aside as this is the only part of the stock you’ll need to work with.

Line up the pad with the stock and insert the lower screw into the bottom of the pad and using your 3/32"hex wrench tighten it down a bit until it’s a little snug. Lining up the pad so it is completely centered on the stock. Take out your trusty Sharpie and insert it into the hole and mark the stock. This mark is where you are going to drill your hole. Remove the pad by unscrewing the single Hex screw you installed earlier.

Using the mark you made, drill a single hole into the stock. I used a file to ensure the hole was just wide enough to slip the “grommet” into the stock.

Insert your screw into the pad and begin to screw it into the “grommet”(1).

Finish it off by screwing the remaining screws (2&3) in their appropriate holes.

Finished product:

**Feel free to use a slightly larger or smaller bit, I erred on the side of caution because I didn’t want the “Grommet” hole too large. Don't forget to use a smaller bit to drill a pilot hole.

Magpul States you will not be able to completely close the stock. I have to agree with them but I have almost zero loss of function with my Magpul M93A stock, if any it is negligible.

Feedback Score
    If someone would please post this over at ARFCOM I'd appreciate it, I'm not welcome there anymore.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the install photos and write up. How come magpul shipped the 93 type stocks without all the necessary holes for buttpad installation?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by combatvet
    If someone would please post this over at ARFCOM I'd appreciate it, I'm not welcome there anymore.
    Combatvet- you either? F$%& 'em! If you aren't welcome, then neither should your helpful instructins, right?

Paulinksi- they didn't have buttpads for them back then!

Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball...

Feedback Score
    I created the install instructions for the butt pad with the help of one of our engineers. I'd be happy to email the PDF to anyone who wants it.
    --Nick
    Owner, Reptilia & Side Project, LLC

Feedback Score
    Nick;

Is there going to be an M93b trade in for credit program against the u.b.r. stock, or was that just a rumor?

thanks.
    Cold Zero

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Cold Zero
    Nick;

Is there going to be an M93b trade in for credit program against the u.b.r. stock, or was that just a rumor?

thanks.
    Honestly, I haven't heard anything official out of Richard just yet. Shoot an email to drake@magpul.com and ask him. He's a lot more in the loop on those issues than myself.
    --Nick

Feedback Score
    Nick;

thanks for the reply.

combatvet; good instructions, thanks. does the 93b need the hole to be drilled or does it have one already?
    Cold Zero

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Cold Zero
    Nick;

thanks for the reply.

combatvet; good instructions, thanks. does the 93b need the hole to be drilled or does it have one already?
    It needs to be drilled as well.
    --Nick

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NickB
    I created the install instructions for the butt pad with the help of one of our engineers. I'd be happy to email the PDF to anyone who wants it.

Bt all means please send me a copy, since I didn't have any I just winged it. i hope I didn't screw it up.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast