Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 5.7x28 fanboys are irritating

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score

5.7x28 fanboys are irritating

I'm having a long drawn out argument with someone who is obviously a fanboy of this cartridge. The arguments on his side have devolved into speculating about when bullet technology might catch up with the awesomeness of the 5.7x28 so that the whole thing becomes useful.

Why are people so desperate about this kind of stuff? They take anything counter to what they believe and make it personal. I encounter the same thing with people defending the HydraShok. No matter how much evidence you provide otherwise, they "feel" like it's a good round and just shut down. I don't care if you "feel" 5.7x28 would be great, the facts are that it's NOT.

Sorry for the rant.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Funny, I just wrote this on another forum a few minutes ago

People don't want to be told they bought something and wasted their money, and like it even less when they also find out that the impetus for the purchase was based on non-facts that they believed due to ignorance.

Similarly, most people that make up their minds that a thing is a waste of money, and so publicly state, will almost never revise this opinion regardless of how much fact they are confronted with.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    WHAT!? Are you joking? The 5.7 is the greatest round ever.

For shooting squirrels

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    It is really very simply, people emotionally invest in their decisions. They decide to buy "X" and before or after the purchase they emotionally invest in the decision, reason goes bye bye...

I have done it before, but I find the more I rationally THINK about my decisions the better I am able to REASON though the alternatives and make a GOOD decision...

When the decisions are about guns and such, it really doesn't matter that much... what's the real difference between a 5.7 and a 6mm plastic airsoft BB?

Just the price.

ToddG Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by vicious_cb View Post
    WHAT!? Are you joking? The 5.7 is the greatest round ever.

FOR ME TO POOP ON!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I bought a PS90 for FUN, and it's every bit of $1,500 fun. However, if I had the choice, it wouldn't be my first in a gun fight.

It will never replace an AR/AK...or a G19
    Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

Owner of MI-TAC, LLC .

@MichiganTactical

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    People rarely let the facts change the way they feel.
    Battle Comp Enterprises, LLC
    World Class Tactical Compensators
    California Legal Compensators
    100% American Made
    www.battlecomp.com
    sales@battlecomp.com
    (650) 678-0778

1 Samuel 17:49 / Romans 13: 1-4 / Isaiah 6:8 / Psalms 144:1 / Matthew 12:30

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhukov View Post
    I'm having a long drawn out argument with someone who is obviously a fanboy of this cartridge. The arguments on his side have devolved into speculating about when bullet technology might catch up with the awesomeness of the 5.7x28 so that the whole thing becomes useful.

Why are people so desperate about this kind of stuff? They take anything counter to what they believe and make it personal. I encounter the same thing with people defending the HydraShok. No matter how much evidence you provide otherwise, they "feel" like it's a good round and just shut down. I don't care if you "feel" 5.7x28 would be great, the facts are that it's NOT.

Sorry for the rant.
    Why do you feel the need to be right and bait people who obviously see value in the 5.7 round. Dont you think that is irritating?

Name a couple of gun products you own, and I promise there are a few people on this forum who would love to tell you your cash was wasted and you should have gotten something else.

I personally dont own any 5.7 products. But I can see the appeal from my time spent with MadDogs 5.7 upper with a suppressor. It's fun, and unique.
    Last edited by variablebinary; 03-23-09 at 14:12.
    Kein Mitleid Für Die Mehrheit
    What Happened to the American dream? It came true. You're looking at it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by variablebinary View Post
    Why do you feel the need to be right and bait people who obviously see value in the 5.7 round. Dont you think that is irritating?

Name a couple of gun products you own, and I promise there are a few people on this forum who would love to tell you your cash was wasted and you should have gotten something else.

I personally dont own any 5.7 products. But I can see the appeal from my time spent with MadDogs 5.7 upper with a suppressor. It's fun, and unique.
    Whether a gun is fun or unique is irrelevant. The argument specifically concerned the terminal performance of 5.7x28, and it doesn't deliver - as specifically pointed out by DocGKR's sticky in this forum. If the argument was merely about the "fun" aspect of shooting 5.7x28 I wouldn't have said anything; baiting had nothing to do with it.

Feedback Score
    Agree with Zhukov...this is the Terminal Ballistics forum, not the "fun guns to shoot" forum...on the Terminal Ballistics forum, there's nothing positive to be said about the 5.7

Quite frankly, I've never much seen the point of any of these tiny-caliber PDW weapons (no one has yet been able to explain to me what sort of performance advantage they offer over an MP5K loaded with 9mm AP rounds like the Nammo BNT HP7).

However, IF for some reason the PDW's really float your boat, the 5.7 still ain't too hot...the HK 4.6x30 cartridge has far superior terminal ballistics to the 5.7 in the tests that I'm aware of - of course, arguing about the terminal ballistics of PDW rounds is a bit like the proverbial "privates arguing about rank".

The whole point of the PDW concept is the ability to pierce soft body armor...for civilians who don't have access to the armor piercing rounds that are intended for use in these PDWs, then really what is the point?

If people like plinking with it, fine...who said any different? But this forum is about terminal ballistics...and the 5.7's are a disaster.

If people still want to talk PDWs, the KAC PDW with the 6x35mm round...now THAT is interesting.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast