Page 1 of 28 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 5.7x28 fanboys are irritating

Feedback Score

5.7x28 fanboys are irritating

I'm having a long drawn out argument with someone who is obviously a fanboy of this cartridge. The arguments on his side have devolved into speculating about when bullet technology might catch up with the awesomeness of the 5.7x28 so that the whole thing becomes useful.

Why are people so desperate about this kind of stuff? They take anything counter to what they believe and make it personal. I encounter the same thing with people defending the HydraShok. No matter how much evidence you provide otherwise, they "feel" like it's a good round and just shut down. I don't care if you "feel" 5.7x28 would be great, the facts are that it's NOT.

Sorry for the rant.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Funny, I just wrote this on another forum a few minutes ago

People don't want to be told they bought something and wasted their money, and like it even less when they also find out that the impetus for the purchase was based on non-facts that they believed due to ignorance.

Similarly, most people that make up their minds that a thing is a waste of money, and so publicly state, will almost never revise this opinion regardless of how much fact they are confronted with.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    WHAT!? Are you joking? The 5.7 is the greatest round ever.

For shooting squirrels

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    It is really very simply, people emotionally invest in their decisions. They decide to buy "X" and before or after the purchase they emotionally invest in the decision, reason goes bye bye...

I have done it before, but I find the more I rationally THINK about my decisions the better I am able to REASON though the alternatives and make a GOOD decision...

When the decisions are about guns and such, it really doesn't matter that much... what's the real difference between a 5.7 and a 6mm plastic airsoft BB?

Just the price.

ToddG Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by vicious_cb View Post
    WHAT!? Are you joking? The 5.7 is the greatest round ever.

FOR ME TO POOP ON!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I bought a PS90 for FUN, and it's every bit of $1,500 fun. However, if I had the choice, it wouldn't be my first in a gun fight.

It will never replace an AR/AK...or a G19
    Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

Owner of MI-TAC, LLC .

@MichiganTactical

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    People rarely let the facts change the way they feel.
    Battle Comp Enterprises, LLC
    World Class Tactical Compensators
    California Legal Compensators
    100% American Made
    www.battlecomp.com
    sales@battlecomp.com
    (650) 678-0778

1 Samuel 17:49 / Romans 13: 1-4 / Isaiah 6:8 / Psalms 144:1 / Matthew 12:30

Feedback Score
    With the way things are going with ammunition and firearms and the new administration, I think most of us will be buying less toys and going for the practical weapons and calibers.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcus L. View Post
    With the way things are going with ammunition and firearms and the new administration, I think most of us will be buying less toys and going for the practical weapons and calibers.
    Started that route a few years ago. Although the 5.7x28 is supposed to be on the "Must have" list for Mexican cartels, due to the alleged soft armor penetration abilities..

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I still don't see why everyone harps on the little round. It is a good round. Getting almost 3,000fps and 50 rounds in a short, compact carbine, is pretty impressive. 2600fps from a pistol is awesome. Yes this is a 28gr round, but you can bet it will still do some damage. Would I rather have it than a 5.56? Only if the 5.56 was an SBR.

I think the main issue is that people are trying to put the 5.7 in situations it wasn't designed for. It wasn't MEANT to go through windshields. It was meant to go through body armor like cheese cloth and get the deed done from a FA SBR type weapon that was ultra-relaible and very portable. It does that in spades. Yeah, it sucks that us civvies have a hard time getting an FA/SBR'ed P90, but the PS90 is still pretty compact and full-auto is as much a liability as it as (arguably) an asset.

I think that it does what it was meant to do if you use the right ammo. I am surely not going to say it is the ultimate SD round, but I am also loath to dismiss it as ineffective when it mirrors the .223 in so many ways.
    Last edited by WS6; 03-23-09 at 12:35.

Page 1 of 28 12311 ... LastLast