Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: "State of the Art" SPR

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by frbowers View Post
    That's pretty much what I did here. LaRue 18" Stealth upper with 13.2 rail. Pictured with Leupold Mark 4 1.5-5 in an SPR mount, but I recently picked up a Mark 4 3-9 and will be installing it in an SPR mount on this rifle. The pictured 1.5-5 Mark 4 will be moved to one of my BCM uppers.

Forrest
    My buddy has the same upper, only difference is he is running a Millet DMS-1 on top. At the local range here we have hanging steel at 440m, a big round plate that I would guess is manhole sized or a bit smaller, and a skinny rectangular piece approx 4" x 24" hanging beside it. It is no problem hitting the skinny strip next to the plate at a rate of about a shot a second with that upper and handloaded 77gr Noslers.
    Last edited by Turnkey11; 03-17-09 at 20:05.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I ended up mounting the Leupold Mark 4 3-9 in a LaRue SPR mount last night. Given the accuracy potential of this rifle, I wanted a little more glass than the Mark 4 1.5-5 that I originally had. The 1.5-5 will go on my BCM M4. I've got some Mark 262 proxy ammo loaded up for whenever we get a decent range day and I'll report back on how it shoots.

Forrest
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member
    Distinguished Rifleman #1558
    President's Hundred

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    how come an spr needs a full quadrail? why not (since changes are being discussed) use something like a vtac handguard?
    Last edited by trinydex; 03-18-09 at 15:31.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by trinydex View Post
    how come an spr needs a full quadrail? why not (since changes are being discussed) use something like a vtac handguard?
    The Vtac is on my short list for my rifle. I do think that rails that are integral to the structure of the tube, like a quad rail, are stronger than rails bolted to the tube, but how much stronger or the likelihood of exceeding that strength I can't say.

Worth noting that the PRI tube (which is what the Vtac really is) was considered good enough for the real thing at one time.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123