Thread: What are You Reading?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    "Roberts Ridge"...bad-ass...

Mace
    "Superior gear will never make up for a lack of training or attitude"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I am currently enrolled in the distance Expeditionary Warfare School program and am reading "Warfighting" (the ginormous one, not the little one). Just reading this crap makes me want to get out before I have to do any of this staff tomfoolery.

I just finished reading Cormac McCarthy's "The Road" - a postapocalyptic novel about a father and son trying to survive in a world where the only eats are canned and other people. His "Blood Meridian" should be required reading for any American of a violent bent. It is my favorite fiction novel.

My Bn CO is having us read "The Devil's Guard" - about SS serving in the Foreign Legion in Indochina.

Killing Pablo is excellent and their is a movie in the works directed by Joe Carnahan ("Narc"), starring Javier Bardem as Escobar.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Striker, I read "The Devil's Guard" back in highschool and would love to get another copy.

I thought it was out of print.

Who's the author?

TIA
    Employee of colonialshooting.com

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I must be the WWII geek.

Last Victory in Russia: Manstein's Kharkov Counteroffensive - February-March 1943 by George Nipe
    Paul A. Hotaling
    Alias Training & Security Services, LLC
    Paul@aliastraining.com
    757-215-1959 (Mon-Fri 8AM-5PM)
    757-985-9586 (After Hours)
    www.aliastraining.com

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

No Pussification Here!

French Women Don't Get Fat. Don't laugh, it's working! And why do you think the Germans invade France in every century?

It Can't Happen Here by Sinclair Lewis on fascism in the U.S. during the 1930's.

ETA: The text of Devil's Guard is online. I have the link on my other laptop. Will post when I find it.
    "The very purpose of a Bill of Rights was to withdraw certain subjects from the vicissitudes of political controversy, to place them beyond the reach of majorities and officials and to establish them as legal principles to be applied by the courts." Justice Robert Jackson, WV St. Board of Education v. Barnette, 319 U.S. 624 (1943)

"I don’t care how many pull ups and sit ups you can do. I care that you can move yourself across the ground with a fighting load and engage the enemy." Max Velocity

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I'm currently reading "The Afghan Campaign".

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I'm currently not in the middle of any book but the last one I read was fantastic. "Firebirds" by Chuck Carlock. Amazing story of his time flying helicopters in Vietnam. It's got to be one of the most powerful books I've read in a long time. It's both sobering and hilarious at times. I highly recommend it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." –Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers

Feedback Score
    I'm finally reading Blackhawk Down, I can't believe it took me this long to read it.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I'd probably enjoy that Firebird book. My first book was Chickenhawk when I was 11 and it turned me on to Vietnam era books.

Page 2 of 55 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast