Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Million Gunowner March

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutshot John View Post

So long as everyone obeys the law and it is a peaceful demonstration, it doesn't matter what the MSM says/does. In fact they more they try to label a million people as "fringe" the more it will play into our hand.

Having worked in Washington doing Public Affairs/Grassroots, it isn't about public relations, it's about demonstrating an ability to secure grassroots votes. It's essentially like sending a letter to your Congressman, except you're sending yourself...a far more potent message.

If a million law-abiding gun owners show up, no politician in the world (pro or anti) is going to ignore the political significance.

Stand up for your rights, if you don't, they will be taken away as politicians will recognize your complacency for what it is...weakness.
    Perfect!

Feedback Score

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by .308holes View Post
    Supposed to take place in 2010 on the mall in D.C.
    Would be nice if all those who complain about firearms restriction signed up and ACTUALLY went.

http://www.secondamendmentmarch.com/
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    This would be worth taking a vacation on the east coast for!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jman4427 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 1859sharps View Post
    Not what I say, I said they are unprepared to deal with the media. Being unprepared to deal with the media does not make one a neanderthal. BIG difference.

If you can't think of at least a half a dozen ways this can go bad, very bad, then you aren't thinking this idea through.

Look, not going to argue with you all anymore about this. I just think this is a BIG mistake.

Oh and pointing out something is a bad idea, does not make one afraid to stand up for their rights...just means you think something is a bad idea.
    Im not trying to get into an argument with you but I would like to ask how do you think we should go about handling the situation? In all honesty, really Im not trying to call you out. I would just like to hear your opinion on the matter.
    You are both right. 1859 is right in that most people (not just a gun owners) dont know how to deal with the media. They just open their mouths and let what ever is on their minds flow, or worse they think they are clever and try to BS their way through an interview or even worse, try to manipulate the manipulators (AKA the media).

Then jman brings up the question of what are we supposed to when confronted by the media. I think the best answer is to refer the journalist to our public affairs office (what you don't keep some one retainer )? This is where we all need a crash course in speaking to the media and even more importantly, what not to say.

Now if there was only a media primer that we could review and practice, so that if one is approached by the media, they can put their best foot forward so that it reflects well on the entire firearms community.

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HES;334760
    Then jman brings up the question of what are we supposed to when confronted by the media. [b
    I think the best answer is to refer the journalist to our public affairs office (what you don't keep some one retainer )?[/b]
    Bingo.

All that said, the point isn't to make a media event.

The point is to remind people on Capitol Hill who they work for.
    It is bad policy to fear the resentment of an enemy. -Ethan Allen

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I'm In

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen_H View Post
    Um, is this with or without said "arms"?

No "arms."

Just torches, pitchforks, a large vat of tar, and a big bag of feathers.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123