This is my father-in-law's G19, he bought it years ago when he was a jewelry salesman and traveled a lot with inventory. He's never fired it It was fired by the previous owner (another salesman) but I've got no clue how much. Topglock's date-tool lists it as around June 1991? Maybe some of the Glock experts can verify that as plausible.

I brought it home to give it a good cleaning and lube (and 'cause I wanted to shoot it of course). I've never really had a chance to play with a G19 beyond picking one up at the shop or gun show so I'm looking forward to spending some quality time with it.

It's totally dry. Fired enough for some wear but you can still see some of the copper lube. I can't tell if some of the grime is powder residue or dust -- I know it has been stored with the slide locked back for at least some of its life. The guide rod is broken, unless they used to use a non-captive recoil spring? I'm going to replace it for him. Are there any other parts I should look into upgrading while I'm at it?

Mags are non-drop free.

Subjectively I like the size and feel of it. The length doesn't feel much different than my 17 but the grip is definitely a lot shorter. It's kind of got me thinking about doing a shorted 17 to use 19 mags for carry. Or just getting a 19.