Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: $1200 Max Home Protection

Feedback Score

$1200 Max Home Protection

Ok, I have a budget of $1200 from the wife (finally)

I am looking for info/input on the best rifle/accesaries for a home defense AR rifle
    but $1200 is the max I can spend
    .Thanks in advace for all input.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    I would suggest a S&W M&P15 MOE. It comes with the Magpul Moe, stock, grip, handguards, and mbus (buis). The seem to be going for around 1200.

You really need to do alot of reading and figure what will fit your needs as well. Talk to Grant, he may can help you out.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

March to the sound of guns and kill everyone not dressed like you
    Feedback Score
    On top of the price though you've got to factor in magazines, ammo, a light, etc.

Or are these things you can squeeze by the wife?

Feedback Score

Thumbs up Accessories

Quote Originally Posted by steve-oh View Post
    On top of the price though you've got to factor in magazines, ammo, a light, etc.

Or are these things you can squeeze by the wife?
    I'm with this guy. The $1200 you remind, her was approved for the weapon and just like one might do with any good pair of shoes, you need to accessorize.
    Beware of the double-edged sword though if you find yourself and her in an "accessories war". She'll win.
    K.I.S.S. (Keep it Simple Stupid)
    KAC SR-15 IWS Tan
    KAC SR-25 EMC
    LWRC M6 IC

Feedback Score
    BTW, I forgot to add the useful info:
    People always talk bad on DPMS, but they are decent and you can a nice M4 set up for relatively cheap. might leave room for those add-ons.
    K.I.S.S. (Keep it Simple Stupid)
    KAC SR-15 IWS Tan
    KAC SR-25 EMC
    LWRC M6 IC

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Savior 6 View Post
    People always talk bad on DPMS, but they are decent and you can a nice M4 set up for relatively cheap. might leave room for those add-ons.
    OP,

Please search this forum for opinions and advice on buying "cheap" (DPMS, Olympic, ASA, etc). You've been smart enough to find this site, and fortunate enough to have sufficient funds for a good weapon. Yes, you will need more than just the carbine - you will need a sling (original strap will get you by for now), light, mags and ammo at a minimum - but the core, the foundation, is the rifle itself. Buy quality, and you will not have to regret, retool, and re-purchase a year from now, or whenever you climb the learning curve. It is always possible you will not be able to buy an AR, at anything like a reasonable price, a year from now. Very good advice is to be had here, if you will only heed it.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I think you have 2 options. A decent pistol and shotgun of your choice or you just buy the basics now . Get a decent AR with a couple of mags, maybe a light, and some ammo. Then next year you dress it up how you want it with the next installment of the the economic stimulus plan.
    "The peace we have within us is most often expressed in how we treat others"

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Savior 6 View Post

I do not know what "decent" means when defending my life.

C4

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    To the OP, I understand your budget and what you want to do. So here is my advice.

1. Find a quality used Colt, LMT, Noveske, Charles Daly, etc.
    2. Or buy an LMT upper or BCM upper and a LMT lower (or buy a custom built lower).
    3. Buy an MI #1 and install it into the FSB.
    4. Buy a SureFire G2.
    5. Buy a VLTOR G Series mount or the SF M79 mount and install it on the MI #1
    6. Buy a Trijicon CP25F (Tritium front sight).

By my calculations, you can get all of the above for under or around $1,200

Any extra money, buy mags and ammo. Seek out trained people in the regional training group section of this site and get some experience with using the weapon.

C4

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    WTF is with all these DPMS-huggers around lately? It's getting disgusting.
    Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

Owner of MI-TAC, LLC .

@MichiganTactical

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast