Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SR-25 Chamber Burr

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    That is strange. Have shot several of my 308's including an MK11 with no abnormal markings whatsoever from reloads or factory ammo. Recommend to send the rifle back to KAC to inspect.

Feedback Score
    I'm just getting into reloading and only noticed the prob picking up the brass. I don't know the history of the rifle as I bought it only a few months ago. The few shots I've fired had decent groups but I don't shoot it because of the issue. I'm not sure about the barrel being set back but I took the tube off and the barrel num. does match the bolt. A gunsmith here thinks it's left over from manufacture and could prob be smoothed out with 000 steel wool. I'm not comfy with that although he says it won't hurt it. I can see uniform scarring in the chamber, like it was repeatedly cleaned with a chamber brush over time. It thought it possible that the cleaning method used could have made a recess in the chamber and it's imprinting on the brass. He doesn't think it's too likely but possible. I've been trying to get it looked at by KAC, but if it doesn't pan out I may send it GA Precision as they've been recommended. I don't know of anyone else reputable and any sugg. would be appreciated.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimp View Post
    I've been trying to get it looked at by KAC, but if it doesn't pan out I may send it GA Precision as they've been recommended. I don't know of anyone else reputable and any sugg. would be appreciated.
    Suggestion? Send KevinB the email/pictures he's looking for. You'll notice that it's a KAC address. I seriously doubt that he'll leave you in the lurch if there's a problem.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    From a few posts above:

Kevin S. Boland
    Military/Government Product Liaison
    Knight's Armament Company
    701 Columbia Blvd.
    Titusville, Fl 32780
    1(321)607-9900 ext. 1365
    kboland@knightarmco.com

www.knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Got the email -- we are trying to help...
    Kevin S. Boland
    Manager, Federal Sales
    FN America, LLC
    Office: 703.288.3500 x181 | Mobile: 407-451-4544 | Fax: 703.288.4505
    www.fnhusa.com

Feedback Score
    I wasn't ignoring Kevin's request. I had been in contact with a few at KAC but never got far. I don't think I'm owed anything as the rifle was bought used, hence my statement of taking care of it myself. Was not implying that they wouldn't stand behind their product because it's unlikely it was built with this prob. Kev is handling it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12