Thread: my cbob 1911 sometimes wont chamber the first round when racked by hand.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

my cbob 1911 sometimes wont chamber the first round when racked by hand.

This has happened to me at 3 times at the range. All 8 round mags wilson and cmc power mags.... I'll fire to gun till empty then Insert fully loaded magazine
    Rack the slide back then pull trigger then NO BANG...
    I could have sworn the mag was properly seated too...
    But no round was chambered....is this a common problem
    Is there is an easy fix? Is it cause the 8 round mags are fairly new?

Other than that i think my cbob works great..if the slide is locked open and i put a 8 round magazine in and use the slide release.

Anyone here have that problem??

Feedback Score
    I have several 10mm and .45ACP CBOB's and I've never had that particular problem.

I'm assuming your CBOB is a .45ACP. Does it do with with both brands of mags? I only use Wilson 47D's and they have been flawless. I haven't tried McCormick mags in a long time since they didn't work well with a few of my other 1911's.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    i picked up a cbob in jan. and only have about 500 rounds through it but it has run without a problem with the dw mags a tripp cobra mag and 7 and 8 round kimber pro tac mags.

i love that gun

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I have no experience with Wilson mags.

The CMC Power mags seem to have too strong of a spring for my taste. Until recently I had been using the CMC Shooting Star mags and they worked great in everything I own including the CBOB.

Midway had a sale on the Power mags so I picked up a few to try out and am seeing issues with nosediving.
    "The sword is more important than the shield, and skill is more important than either. The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental." John Steinbeck