Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Good survival book

Feedback Score
    SAS survival guide and understanding firearm ballistics are the two books i dont even walk the dogs without!

Feedback Score

Survival Book

Quote Originally Posted by Ty_B View Post
    What do you guys think of Bradford Angier? I know some of the content (or all of the content) is a little old school, but I enjoy his matter-of-fact tone. He survived in the woods like I survive in my living room.
    I had a an old paperback copy of one of Angier's books a long time ago. I think it was "How to stay alive in the woods." At the time, I felt it was the best survival book I had read. If I am remembering correctly, it had a great deal of info. about edible plants that would b easy to identify. The book was completely full of useful information without a lot of fluff.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    sas pocket guide is a must

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    New Survival magazine coming out in august.

http://www.thebangswitch.com/be-ready/
    Buy It Cheap!
    Stack It Deep!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Patriots by James Wesley rawles although fiction, has some great survival tips and tricks scattered though out....overall the book is awesome and I would recommend it to anyone.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I always keep a book of knots close at hand. Even though I can tie many its good to have. I have BACKPACKER: The Outdoors at your Doorstep's, "Outdoor Knots: The Knots You Need to Know". Good illustrations as well as explanation and application of different knots. Also, I think Thomas J. Glover's "Pocket Reference" is another good one to have. Not so much 'survival manuals', per se, but knowledge-based books with things that I feel a person would need to know in certain/different situations, everyday, survival and otherwise.

Sorry for the revival of an older thread, however, there are always new books coming out so I feel like this could keep going and going indefinitely so...

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Dog View Post
    The SAS survival guide is packed full of great info.
    I don't recall if they have this in a pocket edition? I found the large hard copy but couldn't find the pocket version. I also wonder what they leave out on the pocket edition compared to the full version?

Feedback Score
    Angier admitted to having a ton of stuff air-dropped or boated into him, each spring and fall. Euel gibbons 4-5 books on plants, condiments, and beachcombing are all superb! Rawles is just another pimp for the gun industry, like Mel Tappan was, as well as for gold, silver and undeveloped land. :-)
    Last edited by helluva; 05-03-16 at 21:10.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tikkatac View Post
    I don't recall if they have this in a pocket edition? I found the large hard copy but couldn't find the pocket version. I also wonder what they leave out on the pocket edition compared to the full version?
    I have the pocket edition I keep in my backpack. I can't answer the second part of your question.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Les stroud has a good book about survival situations. One second after and just finished one year after are both good as they are from a none prepper standpoint. I don't see myself stock piling food and water in the basement but can see myself getting back to the basics by canning more foods and growing a better garden.

A. American going home series is a little preppery but has good stuff in it. Rawles is definately live on your own and have a place and party to bug out too. Sorry not buying land any time soon and stock piling under ground gas tanks. I can just head to the father-in-laws hunting cabin which has 2 wood burning stoves, one for heat and one for cooking. No running water but he says there is an under ground spring somewhere on the property. Plenty of squirrels and deer when you can find them. Large open patches for a garden and a couple of small ponds for fish and frog legs

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast