Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Question regarding running and shoes?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleRedToyota View Post
    man...about 8 years ago, i had a pair of sauconys that were the best running shoes i have ever had by a good margin. felt like there was nothing on my feet and it felt like running on air.

come time to get new shoes, i just wanted to get a new pair of those shoes...but saucony completely redesigned the shoe and ruined it
    I agree. I started with Sauconys and they were great. Best shoe I'd ever had. Later ones, not so great. My latest are Asics and I'm happy with them so far. However I am not a hard core runner, only average 3 times a week.

Feedback Score

Smile

have tried asics before and it works well on my feet....

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlelebowski View Post
    Try some of the off brands like Mizuno and Saucony.
    x2 for Mizuno. Fantastic arch support, very light shoe. I can't run them here in Iraq because they gather rocks in the center of the tread. If I didn't have to walk through 6 inches of gravel and stone almost every where I go, I'd have another pair here as well. Also good if you tend to over-pronate. Not so good if you under-pronate--you'll feel a bit unstable from what I understand. I tend to OP so they are gtg for me.

I'm in the process of wearing out a pair of North Face with BOA, they've served me well for 6months. That's the longest a pair of running shoes has lasted me in a very long time. They make some creaky sounds while your wearing them in, but it goes away fairly quickly. I usually destroy shoes within 3 months so that's saying alot for North Face.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanm View Post
    x2 for Mizuno. Fantastic arch support, very light shoe. I can't run them here in Iraq because they gather rocks in the center of the tread. If I didn't have to walk through 6 inches of gravel and stone almost every where I go, I'd have another pair here as well. Also good if you tend to over-pronate. Not so good if you under-pronate--you'll feel a bit unstable from what I understand. I tend to OP so they are gtg for me.

I'm in the process of wearing out a pair of North Face with BOA, they've served me well for 6months. That's the longest a pair of running shoes has lasted me in a very long time. They make some creaky sounds while your wearing them in, but it goes away fairly quickly. I usually destroy shoes within 3 months so that's saying alot for North Face.
    Northface and Columbia provides better comfort during trail running....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123