Thread: Pachmayr Grips on a SA Professional?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Pachmayr Grips on a SA Professional?

Has anyone here put Pachmayr grips on a SA Professional? If so, does the 20 lpi checkering eat through the grips? It seems like it would happen fairly quickly.

Thanks.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Not the same, but I have CT lasergrips on my Pro and no ill effects on the side that contacts the frontstrap
    My future's determined by Thieves, thugs, and vermin
    My rights are denied by Those least qualified
    Everything's backwards In Americana

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)
    NO, the checkering will not eat though the rubber grips.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I have this setup and the checkering does not eat through the grips. Since the Professional has an ambi safety, you will likely need a dremmel to clear away some of the pachmayr grip and the metal underpart on the right side of the gun near the ambi safety. It's actually easy to do. Remove a little at a time and try it on the gun until the grip fits on the gun.
    Last edited by Ed L.; 03-25-09 at 08:40.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Thanks for the replies. I had Springfield replace the ambi with a single side safety, so I'm good there.

I have two Professionals and am thinking about trying the Pachmayrs on one of them. I'm probably going to sell the other one, since I have a Custom Carry in a similar configuration, except with 30 lpi checkering. The 20 lpi checkering is too coarse for my needs. As others have said, it's best for open carry, not under a jacket. It also gets uncomfortable after shooting a lot of rounds in one session.

I've always liked Pachmayrs on 1911s. If I had it to do over again, I would have ordered some of my other 1911s without front checkering - with CT or Pachmayr grips, it's a waste of money. The 30 lpi checkering is fine on the others.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Well, I realized I hadn't thought this through - It didn't occur to me that the Pachmayrs are not cut for the S&A mag well.
    Last edited by Race; 03-27-09 at 19:26.