Thread: CrCrimson Trace laser grips for Officer's Model. Too bulky?

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)

CrCrimson Trace laser grips for Officer's Model. Too bulky?

I have a Colt Officers model that I want to carry. I am considering some CT laser grips. How much bulk do they add? I had some on a 229 years ago and they were pretty chunky.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I have a Kimber Compact which is 4 inch slide - Officer's frame combination. I've had CT grips on it for 3 years now and I don't find it bulky at all.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Greg, since the Officer's model CT grips are no thicker than the standard 5" 1911 version I do not see how it would make any difference.
    Paul A. Hotaling
    Alias Training & Security Services, LLC
    Paul@aliastraining.com
    757-215-1959 (Mon-Fri 8AM-5PM)
    757-985-9586 (After Hours)
    www.aliastraining.com

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    My carry 1911 has an officers frame and a commander barrel, and came with slim grips.

I found slim grips to aid a lot in concealment, and noticed a very slight increase in possible printing when i switched to CTC grips. However, with the right shirt/holster combination it still conceals well.

Feedback Score
    No problems here on CT grips on an Officers ACP. No noticable difference over stock grips and I have small hands.