Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: .308 AR

Feedback Score
    I emailed DPMS about the accuracy of their LRT SASS out to 800 yards plus. I asked them if it would obtain sub MOA accuracy out to that distance and this is the reply,

"Yes, it can. Though I personally have not tried to shoot that far out, we have received many reports from shooters getting sub MOA accuracy out to 1000 yards with the LRT-SASS."

I would like to hear it from someone that has done it. I am still not sold on an 18" barrel being to perform that well.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I'm looking at getting a DPMS model. Any reliability issues with DPMS? (as far as needing to use particular ammo, feeding issues, fte's...) Or any of the other manufacturers for that matter.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mjpsyr View Post
    I'm looking at getting a DPMS model. Any reliability issues with DPMS? (as far as needing to use particular ammo, feeding issues, fte's...) Or any of the other manufacturers for that matter.

I have had no issues with my two DPMSes.

I had lots of issues (ammo) with my SR-25- it would only reliably cycle with 168 gr ammo. Not 175. not 150, not 147. Only 168. It was a pain.

My experience (only my experience): DPMS more reliable that KAC.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Thanks, I'm glad the DPMS is reliable. Good to know.

Feedback Score
    When we looked at picking up .308 platforms this year, it came down to one thing. Go with a DPMS compatible setup. Why? Pmag LR20. Enough said.

I am partial to building one using an Iron Ridge Arms lower. It will be even better when they have their uppers available.
    Certified 1911 Armorer

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123