Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New .308 Billet Lowers from Iron Ridge

Feedback Score

Iron Ridge

Will they work with the new Magpul 308 mags? Are they building uppers?
    I didn't see anything on their website. I did get to see one this week and overall, a well made 308 AR lower, it looked more solid then the POF and Armalite 308.

Feedback Score
    IRA and Magpul are close business friends. The lower was designed with the .308 Pmag taken into consideration. They will work in the IRA-10D lowers. IRA is working on uppers, but the demand for lowers has hindered the progress of the uppers.

In my opinion, these are the premier .308 lowers right now. I need to save one or two for personal builds.
    Certified 1911 Armorer

Feedback Score
    Any idea when the upper/lower sets will be out? I have no idea about DPMS AR10 lower kits, but I think it would be nice if someone came out with a really nice one. I've used extremes, Oly LPK and a White Oak, and all roll pins are not created equal.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    Iron Ridge is working very hard on the uppers. No ETA. The are still tweaking the final design, but it should be worth the wait. They are also working on some new goodies. I'm pretty excited about where they intend to take it. I wish I could go into more detail.

If you like the lowers, you will like the rest they have to offer.
    Certified 1911 Armorer

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Good looking lowers.

Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    Well hell, I was just about to ask about what options I had for .308 lowers for an upcoming project. Cool.

-B
    RIP, Jeff Dorr: 1964 - July 17, 2009

"When young men seek to be like you, when lazy men resent you, when powerful men look over their shoulder at you, when cowardly men plot behind your back, when corrupt men wish you were gone and evil men want you dead . . . Only then will you have done your share." - Phil Messina

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AnchorArmament View Post
    Iron Ridge is working very hard on the uppers. No ETA. The are still tweaking the final design, but it should be worth the wait. They are also working on some new goodies. I'm pretty excited about where they intend to take it. I wish I could go into more detail.

If you like the lowers, you will like the rest they have to offer.
    Wouldn't mind an MRP/Vis type upper, now that would be wicked and make me not want to wait for an ACR or SCAR.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    these lowers are so nice.cant wait to see how the uppers turn out.
    Last edited by BiggLee71; 05-08-09 at 05:54.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Any new info on the uppers?.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123