Page 3 of 111 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Guard dog pictures! and cats :)

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    We have a German Shorthaired Pointer and a Miniature Pinscher. The Min Pin is always on watch and is a barker, sometimes to the point of annoying.

We were out at a shooting range with her when she was a pup and I tied her to an old log. She dragged it over to where my son was shooting his .22 and laid down to watch. Do they make eye and ear protection for dogs?

"The sword is more important than the shield, and skill is more important than either. The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental." John Steinbeck

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    The wife is pretty allergic so we had to settle for cats. Coal does keep an eye on the perimeter from his custom LaRue vantage point.

Read a lot, post a little.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Templar View Post
    Ex wife got the house and kept Loki, and I sold the AKM during the divorce....

But here's Loki, who is a hell of a good dog and friend. Haven't seen him since '04.

templar that is sad. my dog is one of my best buddies and it would kill me to lose him.

here he is guarding my romanian rpk!

seriously, he's the best dog i ever had. my son was in the job corps in 2006. i had just blown out my knee bad. my boy calls me and asks if we can take a dog. somebody dropped off some puppies and there was one left. he got caught in a door and broke his leg. the full grown dogs at the job corps site were getting pretty mean and chewing him up. the staff was going to take him out in the field and shoot him if somebody didn't take him, cold weather was setting in and the broken leg thing didn't help.

i told my boy no. i'm on crutches for months. i can barely take care of myself. when we went to pick my son up for a weekend visit he brought this little white puppy with bleeding bite marks and a swollen leg up to out suv. i felt sorry for the little guy and told my son we could take him to the humane society but, we still couldn't keep him. by the time we got home the dog was going nowhere. he has been my best buddy ever since. i found a way to house train him and raise him while on crutches for a few months. he actually made the time go by faster.
    Last edited by badka2ma; 03-27-09 at 02:47.

Feedback Score
    T-Rex, English Chocolate Lab. Kelly Green Line knock off....

He's the laziest, best, most loving dog. I've had 4 labs and this one is something else! He is a ham... an attention whore! Great with my children, he has pretty much attached himself to my 3 yr old in the picture. They follow each other around the house and yard.
    I save money using AMSOIL full synthetic lubricants. Do you?
    http://www.lubedealer.com/DiscountPowerParts/home.aspx

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    My German Shepherd King, head of security.

Feedback Score
    Here are Vic303 and I's two mutts.

Charlie is a mix of Rhodesian Ridgeback and Chow.

Cody is we think a mix of Rhodesian Ridgeback and Pitt, either that or he is a all Ridgie and a colored like one of the original African Ridgebacks.

Both dogs are fantastic with the kids.

Charlie is the barker, if a leaf blows three blocks away, he lets us know about it. He's protective enough that when aircraft are on final to the DFW airport he makes sure to chase them out of the yard, no matter than they are at 10,000 feet or so.

Semper Fi

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Here's my first line of defense. He's an Old English Sheepdog. Extremely loyal and VERY smart.

Winter:

Summer:

Feedback Score
    "guard dogs" - they can definitely play the part....

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    the only girl I turly love!!

Feedback Score
    little ones the alarm

big ones the back up

Page 3 of 111 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast