Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: T.I. gets a year and a day

Feedback Score

T.I. gets a year and a day

the rapper TI had court today for the federal weapons chargers aganist him today and recieved a year and a day in prison. http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/met..._sentence.html

Feedback Score
    Celebrity Justice at it's best, Bought and Paid for! If that had been you or I, we had been doing longer time then a year and a day.
    " Strict gun control is an absolute necessity. Without it you just can't hit what you're aiming at"

Sir, we are surrounded on all sides ! Good, now we can attack in all directions...

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ConwayPDOfficer View Post
    Celebrity Justice at it's best, Bought and Paid for! If that had been you or I, we had been doing longer time then a year and a day.
    Sounds like at least he was doing something to change his image. But I agree with your point entirely. At least he's not the worst of the worst if you get what I'm saying.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    IIRC a year and a day makes you a felon under federal law.

Feedback Score
    I agree with the fact that he is at least admitting his mistake, and is willing to do "time" for it. It's just unfair, that celebrities break the same laws you and I have to follow. And then get little to no, or greatly rediced punishment for it, due to thier popularity!

We all know, that if any of us, had been caught with illegal weapons, we had been thrown away, locked up and forgotten about by our government. Not given breaks.

I admire him for at least accepting the year and a day sentence, and carrying it out, instead of trying to completely buy his way out. But I still feel Justice has NOT been properly served.
    " Strict gun control is an absolute necessity. Without it you just can't hit what you're aiming at"

Sir, we are surrounded on all sides ! Good, now we can attack in all directions...

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ConwayPDOfficer View Post
    I agree with the fact that he is at least admitting his mistake, and is willing to do "time" for it. It's just unfair, that celebrities break the same laws you and I have to follow. And then get little to no, or greatly rediced punishment for it, due to thier popularity!

We all know, that if any of us, had been caught with illegal weapons, we had been thrown away, locked up and forgotten about by our government. Not given breaks.

I admire him for at least accepting the year and a day sentence, and carrying it out, instead of trying to completely buy his way out. But I still feel Justice has NOT been properly served.
    I agree.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    He did like 1k hours of cummunity service over the last year waiting on his sentance to come down he may have helped to change the life of a few kids headed down the same road he was on
    Untutored courage is useless in the face of educated bullets.
    George S. Patton

Feedback Score
    He must have had a damn good legal defense team

He's certainly done some good community service work in the past year.
    Kein Mitleid Für Die Mehrheit
    What Happened to the American dream? It came true. You're looking at it.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    If I remember correctly, he never actually possessed any unregistered NFA weapons. He attempted to buy them from an undercover agent, and was going to claim entrapment. The sentence is part of a plea agreement that probably saved the government a lot of litigation costs, and prevented a potential OJ type jury nullification from occurring.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by variablebinary View Post
    He must have had a damn good legal defense team

He's certainly done some good community service work in the past year.
    That he has, MTV made it into a show. He had good intention to set troubled youths on the right path. If anything this has done wonders for his PR.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast