Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: VA Restaurant Carry

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by trio View Post
    McDonnell vs. Deeds is a win-win for the Commonwealth...both are honorable men and would serve us well
    Trio: Do you know them personally, or know their backgrounds? I'm a Commonwealth voter myself, and wouldn't mind learning more about it from someone in the know.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bkb0000 View Post
    The notices i've seen have just been basic "No firearms allowed on premises" with a picture of a revolver crossed out.
    So, don't carry a revolver. Glocks are better anyway.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by trio View Post
    McDonnell vs. Deeds is a win-win for the Commonwealth...both are honorable men and would serve us well
    Agreed.

I just wish Deeds hadn't campaigned so much for Obama this past election. I can handle party politics, but seeing his name pop up with BHO makes me a little uneasy.

Here's to hoping it was just political posturing.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by John_Wayne777 View Post
    And folks, please....PLEASE remember this the next time somebody on the internet tells you how we're all just cool because there are a lot of suddenly "pro-gun" democrats in elective office.

Kaine and Warner are perfect examples of why "pro-gun" goes in quotes.
    I do not recall anyone ever suggesting Kaine was pro-gun. Warner signed every pro gub bill to hit his desk while he was governor.

Unfortunately, I think his performance in his new office will be "party line" based on the responses I have received from him on various issues.
    Last edited by mmike87; 03-29-09 at 09:41.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Triton28 View Post
    Agreed.

I just wish Deeds hadn't campaigned so much for Obama this past election. I can handle party politics, but seeing his name pop up with BHO makes me a little uneasy.

Here's to hoping it was just political posturing.
    Deeds worries me. He's "pro gun" (intentionally in quotes) but I do not trust any "pro gun" person that supported Obama.

You CAN'T be pro gun and support Obama. It's not possible.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mmike87 View Post
    There's at least two guys on this site that think they can do so.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mmike87 View Post
    Deeds worries me. He's "pro gun" (intentionally in quotes) but I do not trust any "pro gun" person that supported Obama.

Deeds vocally supports legislation to "close the gun show loophole" which is disingenuous at best, and unconstitutional at worst. That's not "pro gun", in my book.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by st_judas View Post
    Deeds vocally supports legislation to "close the gun show loophole" which is disingenuous at best, and unconstitutional at worst. That's not "pro gun", in my book.

I was thinking of that bill when I was posting but couldn't remember what silly bill he had supported. He's voted right on a bunch of good bills, but the "loophole" things to me just shows he's irrational.

THen again, he's just voting for "common sense" gun laws.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    i met McDonnell briefly when I was in law school in Richmond...and I have friends that have associated with him quite a bit....that is who will be getting my vote

I have never met Deeds, but have the same sort of connection...friends I have who are lawyers have met him and say he fits more in the Dixiecrat fold then Democrat

I can't explain the vote for the loophole, nor will I try....it bothers me too

but either of these guys is better than that assclown Kaine
    VA Arms Co alumnus

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123