Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324

Thread: Am I hallucinating or is ammo starting to show up again?

Feedback Score
    Gander Mtn, just north of Madison yesterday...

... asinine markup.

200-rd Mega-Pack UMC 45 grain JHP .223 for $175.

7.62x39 was a minimum of $0.50/rd, even in bulk - some approaching $1.

Other offerings were similarly skewed.

The shelves were still a bit light, but they did at least have something of a selection.

They had 2 M-version black windowless PMAGs in stock... $24.99 ea.

Hit 3 Blain's Farm & Fleets and 2 Wally Worlds as well... didn't pick up a single round.

Feedback Score

Thumbs down Sportsman's Guide, steal the eyes out of your head.

Quote Originally Posted by Bimmer View Post
    Like I said, this wasn't my experience. I've had several good transactions with SG, and only one screw-up, which they ultimately fixed.

Bimmer
    I was relating my own exprience, no one else's. After a transation like that, it will be the one and only purchase with Sportsman's Guide Ripoffhouse.
    Cold Zero

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    After dropping my daughter at church early this morning, I went by WalMart for some broccoli. As always, I took a pass by the ammo counter (no guns.) There on the counter was a case of ten boxed of 550 round Federal bulk pack. I could have probably snagged it all at the regular check out; however, I only bought two boxes @$14.47 (more than double the $6.77 on some boxes I have from '99.)

It made sense to buy it all. I just couldn't do it. There are other priorities, sad to say.

At least they were not the new 375-round bulk packs.
    "The very purpose of a Bill of Rights was to withdraw certain subjects from the vicissitudes of political controversy, to place them beyond the reach of majorities and officials and to establish them as legal principles to be applied by the courts." Justice Robert Jackson, WV St. Board of Education v. Barnette, 319 U.S. 624 (1943)

"I don’t care how many pull ups and sit ups you can do. I care that you can move yourself across the ground with a fighting load and engage the enemy." Max Velocity

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I've noticed pricing on 7.62 x 39 ammo starting to come down significantly. It's been selling at $300+ and now I'm seeing it at around $50 less. Still ridiculously priced but the the "ridiculous level"* has certainly dropped some.

*I'm basing the "ridiculous level" in comparison to what I paid for "Golden Tiger" 7.62 at a gun show last October, the weekend prior to the election... $200.00 for 1000 rds.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." –Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Submarinar,

Good show. I myself have decided I am going to shoot from my stores for the next few months. I have plenty of primers and .223. I suspect when I pop up from my bunker in Oct or Nov some sanity will have returned.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Kinda hate to breathe new life into this but found 100rd. boxes of 55gr. Federal 5.56
    for $39.95 + TT&L @ WalKenya this past week. Anyone have any other 5.56 decent prices?

Feedback Score
    I have not received a post reply in weeks. Has it been broken? By the way ammo is pretty available here in So. Oregon except 22LR still.

Stan
    Stan

USN Ret.

An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.
    Robert A. Heinlein

Feedback Score

Ammo Availability/ Prices

Quote Originally Posted by Agile53 View Post
    Kinda hate to breathe new life into this but found 100rd. boxes of 55gr. Federal 5.56
    for $39.95 + TT&L @ WalKenya this past week. Anyone have any other 5.56 decent prices?
    Hey Agiles,
    I picked up some of those rounds at WalMArt for the same price too. It was marked .223 55 gr FMJ Value Pack. I haven't seen this Federal Ammo before. The Headstamp says "Federal .223 FC". I will try it out sometime next week.

At the recent OC California CrossRoads of the West gunshow, I picked-up some .223 rounds. I paid $8.95/ 20 RD box of Federal X193 and $16.95/ 20 RD 55 gr TAP from a larger vendor. I still think prices were a bit high, but I needed some ammo to shoot in my rifles.

As for pistol ammo, 9mm was selling for around $15/ 50 RDs of ball ammo and .45 ACP was $22-25 for the same (230 gr ball). Too high in my opinion so I passed. I noticed that at those prices not much of the pistol ammo was selling.

The only place in SoCal with decent pistol ammo prices is WalMart, but it sells out just as soon as it arrives.

All I can say is that I can't wait until prices come down. Until then, I will continue to shoot, but in moderation

SkiDevil

P.S. You cannot find .22 lr around here period, that is except for $10+/ 50 RD match ammo. And even the expensive match ammo is limited.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    The best prices on 45 auto ammo that I've seen is in the Walmarts when they have it in-stock. Winchester USA 230 gr FMJ 100 rd value pack current price is $32.97.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I just picked up some Federal American Eagle 9mm from West Coast Armory in Issaquah for $249.95 plus tax. They had a bunch of .223 for sale too, but their prices were still higher than online pricing.

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324