Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Am I hallucinating or is ammo starting to show up again?

Feedback Score
    I've been waiting to buy some locally and at lower prices as demand falls off and the lower metals prices take effect. I lost my patience and ordered some online two weeks ago. The stuff from Palmetto gets here tomorrow, the stuff from Wideners is still just recieved, not even processed or invoiced or what ever their screwy system is.

It seems like Wideners had slightly lower prices, but with that kind of lag, frankly a lot more limited offerings, especially outside of PRVI rounds, Palmetto will get my business next time.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    I have seen it getting worse around here! There is no bulk 7.62x39 available and I just paid $49 for xm193 per 100.....

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by stanlyonjr View Post
    I'm seeing more and the price is coming down on all calibers. Lots of 223/5.56 showing up where I live. Even M855 is back on the shelf and I have not seen that for months.
    Seeing just the opposite.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Shihan View Post
    Seeing just the opposite.
    I live in Southern Oregon. There are a lot of asshole where I live that will go in to the stores and buy all the ammo they can. The caliber does not matter and resell it in either there stores or on-line. The stores are catching on and banning these people from buying ammo period. I'm sure thats what is happening where you live also. I'm having a hell of a time finding enough ammo for NRA Military rifle season. I need another 1000rd of 69gr match and either its not available or is 35.00 a box of 20rd. 55gr ball is in quite a few stores now that the ammo asshole have been identified and banned. Believe me brother I feel your pain!!
    Stan

USN Ret.

An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.
    Robert A. Heinlein

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    It's around but I've seen prices go through the roof. Back in February I purchased a case of PMC 9mm from a local shop for $210 with tax. Now, that same dealer is charging $360 for a case!!!

That's bullshit if you ask me.

Feedback Score
    I'm refusing to buy from such dealers. Let them sit on there ammo. I won't do business with such dealers again and I let them know as I walk out the door and tell my friends. I don't need ammo that bad. I'm all for a guy making a buck, but....
    Stan

USN Ret.

An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.
    Robert A. Heinlein

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    There's alot of this stuff going on, you see plenty of adds for brand new upper, bolt, etc. These clowns are buying stuff from companies, waiting, then jacking the price on a re-sale.

Meanwhile, there's people who are actually in need of these items. Whether it be a person interested in self defense abilities, a PO or even a Mil guy needing certain extra things and nothing is available for them.
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I bought a case of PMC .223 a few weeks ago at $450, which I knew was too expensive, but it was the last case that an employee had squirreled away for me. Last weekend I was in an adjacent town's shop and they had the same product for $380. I learned my lesson.

Feedback Score
    I have noticed some ammo in the more popular calibers coming back on quite a few online vendors, but damn near double the price at this time last year. Locally, it's still sparse. A local range has reverted to reloading, to keep up with the demand for 9mm, 38spl and 45 ammo. It looks like factory ammo and 5 to 8 bucks cheaper per box than factory loads. A local guy buys the range brass and sells the reloads back to them. Seems like a good economic deal. As someone said, there rarely is a shortage of .40 cal ammo. 5.56/223 and 7.62x39 is either nonexistent or at stratospheric prices.
    For God and the soldier we adore, In time of danger, not before! The danger passed, and all things righted, God is forgotten and the soldier slighted." - Rudyard Kipling

Feedback Score
    I think the panic is slowly subsiding. ESPN.com had an article saying the mfgs were running 24/7 to keep up. With that said, shelves at the three Wal-Marts near me are still bare. I stopped in a Wal-Mart near Philadelphia 2 weeks ago and it was well stocked with Blazer Brass.

Prices at the gun show this weekend were all over the place. I saw a surprising amount of Wal-Mart WWB ammo being resold at 50% markup. I did see someone with several cases of XM193 for $425. And I saw a 50 rd box of .380 fmj for $40.

FWIW - Ammunition To Go seems to have bulk, US mfg 5.56 in stock again @ $400/1000.
    "We contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle." - Winston Churchill, 1903.

Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast