Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AR Basics..New to the AR Platform

Feedback Score
    If you are looking at the front of the bolt carrier, the extractor should go at the 11 o-clock position. It will only fit in there one way!

As for the rubber insert, I would probably buy one if yours is missing/non-existent. Back in 1993, I don't know if anyone used them, but by today's standards, they are necessary/expected.

While you are looking to make tyhe purchase, C4IGrant selld a extractor improvement kit that includes a new spring, rubber insert, and rubber O-Ring...I just got one, and they are really nice and required for a reliable AR by today's standards!
    Better known as "The CAC"!

"One is no more armed because he has possession of a firearm than he is a musician because he owns a piano. There is no point in having a gun if you are not capable of using it skillfully."

By: Lt Col Jeff Cooper, U.S.M.C., RIP

Feedback Score
    BTW, keep the questions coming, I like being able to contribute! Remember that the only dumb question, is the one you don't ask!

I am not a know all, been there done that kind of guy, and I ask a lot of questions too. I just finished my first AR, so I have asked many questions myself!

"One is no more armed because he has possession of a firearm than he is a musician because he owns a piano. There is no point in having a gun if you are not capable of using it skillfully."

Feedback Score
    thread subscription
    To all those serving for our rights and liberties...Thank you, you are my heroes!

Feedback Score
    While on the subject of the buffer and bolt carrier, I would like to ask you guys if there is any value in using one of the "buffer pads?" that I have seen being sold, which apparently cushion the impact of the buffer and bolt carrier, as they impact each other???
    I cannot remember what the little buffer pads are actually called, but I know I've seen them in Brownells? or other catalogs..
    I think Wilson makes them...
    Anyone have experience with them???

Feedback Score
    I don't have experience with those buffer pads or the like, however, I do not see much advantage to using those at all. Your buffer should already have a pad on it. Others may report a small amount of reduce in reciol or rifle rise, but I don't think it will be significant enough to warrant the purchase.

Don't look to replace things for the sake of replacing them, save your money for ammo, and shoot that thing!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12