Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Any Everyday Average Joe's Here?

Feedback Score

Any Everyday Average Joe's Here?

Seems like from my stand point everyone is obsessed with extreme tactical, shtf, Swiss army knife type of set up's. Is everyone here some sort of professional or end of the world theorist? When it comes to AR's everywhere I go it seems this way. All the technical mumbo jumbo is like a secret code. Most of the time I don't understand. By taking the time to research these things so I don't look like a dumba** I come to find out it doesn't apply anyway since I'm not currently out saving the world or planing to take it over. Are there any average Joe's here might simply enjoy just shooting basic rifles? Instead of set something up for WWIII I rather knock off a coyote. I'm in the wrong place?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Wrong place.

WWIII or bust...
    The Revolution will not be televised.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I'm not sure I understand the question, but since there's been a rash of these kinds of posts of late I don't imagine this one will last long.

Is being an "average joe" mutually exclusive from defending one's home and family?

Feedback Score
    Many here would say that your question would lead you to www.ar15.com or what many call TOS (The Other Site). Another nice place with many AR lovers is www.PAFOA.org, it is a Pennsylvania based gun owners site, but many users are not from PA.... and they have the infamous ZRT (Zombie Response Team) that allows for some fun and creative posting.

This site is largely made up of active or retired military and Law Enforcement personel, and as such they do at times get rough on us "dumb" civilian plinkers/home defenders that do not have federal firearms training.

If you keep your head down and only post questions that are very well thought out and very well researched for first, you will have no problems here at all. This site is a great place to read and learn from and has some very passionate members.

I would say for higher end learning READ on this site.
    For not so well informed learning, and some who-haw fun use TOS.
    For some (But not as much as here) high end learning combined with some wild fun tied with a very friendly family atmosphere go look at the PAFOA site.

Thats my take on it. I don't post a lot here. I like to jump in on the occasional post that I can input personal experiance on or add to the occasional fun post that comes around now and again... and I'll throw my hat in on posts that are subjective and based on oppinion once in a while... but I severly limit my input here so as to prevent me showing off my lack of formal training and ignorance of combat firearm use.

Keep a low profile and slide in under the radar!
    I save money using AMSOIL full synthetic lubricants. Do you?
    http://www.lubedealer.com/DiscountPowerParts/home.aspx

Feedback Score
    It really depends in what context you mean "Average Joe's". Yeah I am an "Average Joe" in my book. I love Firearms, Beer, Football, Muscle cars, Women, Loud Motorcycles, My job and the way our country used to be.

I take the defense of my life, and all those around me very seriously. I am a fan of standing up for those who cant/wont stand up for themselves. It just happens to be that most here are "switched on" to mainting a high level of proficiency with certian platforms and with in certian areas. If you look real hard you will even notice quite a few that are not only "switched on" but "tuned up" (myself excluded. I only aspire to be as skilled and knowledgeable as some here).

I would just read and head, and the search button is your friend, cause if I read another "fitting upper to lower" thread im going to lose my shit!

-DM-
    Last edited by R1pper; 03-30-09 at 15:31.

Feedback Score
    Nah, You miss under stand. Heck maybe I'm not in the norm? I simple have no use for lazers flashlights red dots and so forth. What is deemed tactical these days isn't something I'm really interested in. It simply not a nessesty for me. I will be using my Carbine more for pleasure shooting on the range and for hunting purposes which I'm not so sure anyone here is doing much of based on what I see. If owning a black rifle for the sole perpose of defence, law enforcement, military application is what every website is about I might be in the wrong place. Am I?

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Being an "average guy" and having a "simple" gun, do not need to be intertwined at all. False premise, weak strawman or whatever the case may be -- this sure looks like a troll post in its infancy.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by USMC1341 View Post
    I might be in the wrong place. Am I?
    Honestly?

Probably, yes you are.
    Employee of colonialshooting.com

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    ...I might be in the wrong place. Am I?
    Most adult males can make these sorts of decisions on their own. Can you?

Feedback Score
    If owning a black rifle for the sole perpose of defence, law enforcement, military application is what every website is about I might be in the wrong place. Am I?
    Did you read any of the Mission statement?

Try this STICKIED (Learn what those are and use wisely) thread
    http://m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=26452

-DM-

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast